Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one problem with my maxima. When i start the motor he runs only for a couple of minutes and then just turn off. It´s not an alternator i bought a new one a week ago... Meaby someone here can help me with that or just give me some tips????

Thanks.....

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Check the coolant temp sensor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I check it allready, there is everything allright with that...
But why when i give the car jump start and then take the cables off i runs only for 3-5 min. and then he just turns off... and battery is empty, that means the battery is not charging, and it is not an alternator because i just bough a new one not so long ago.
I remember that when i installed the alternator somethimes on my dashboard came a red battery light and it start to blink fopr a while and then it was allright....

·
1,906 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground, possibly.

I would redo all the electrical connections to both alternator and battery. There is a ground that attaches the battery to the transmission/engine block area as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i allready fix everything what was wrong but now i have a another prblem.
There is one little tiny black wire witch goes from alternator, hes hanging and i dont know what is that and i also dont know where should he be connected. Meaby someone knows where should he go and what it could be.
And one more if i touch with this wire anything what's metal the car automaticly dies:(

·
1,906 Posts
And one more if i touch with this wire anything what's metal the car automaticly dies:(
Sounds like that wire is positive then. Where does the wire come off the alternator at? Can you get pics? I'll PM my email addy to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts