Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 4 Cylinder 4wd HB Kingcab. I have 155,000 miles on the stock clutch. The throwout bearing has been squealing alot lately so I figured I neede to replace the clutch. I took it to a 4X4 shop for an estimate cause I relly do not have the time to do it. I was quoted $800.00. Just trying to see if anyone besides myself sees this as being too much. Also the guy said they would have to take the torsion bars off to drop the tranny. I looked under there and I did not see why they would have to. Anyone else ever replace a clutch in one of these. All advice is appreciated

·
Registered
207 Posts
...sounds about right...mine was around 8 hundred something at the stealership a few years back. My is a 2wd, and I think I've heard on the 4X4's its a little more work. I swapped out my trans last year, and did it myself. Went ahead and did the clutch while I was in there...its pretty straight forward. Bought the clutch off ebay for $100. Its not a tough job, and about a days work. If you get started friday after work, you could def have it ready for work monday..and saves you $700 :idhitit:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya u need to drop the torsion bars down and the crossmember the suports the transmission. thats a steal. but one thing you will have to be careful of the gear box soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts