Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after running it for awhile I have cleared the codes two times and the P0171 (Fuel sys lean B1) code comes back once and the P1130 (swirl control valve) comes back twice.
I know where the swirl vale is located, but what does it do? What do I look for? Or just buy a new one and try it? The fuel code could be related to the swirl valve I think. Currently it sometimes idles to high. Otherwise seams to run ok.

· Software Developer
942 Posts
The 4-cylinder engine has the Swirl Control Valve. I know other Hardbody owners who have had the problem, and they can help you a lot better than me. But they are on another forum. This site is all Nissan, but that one is mostly the Hardbody trucks.

Try posting or just reading this

· Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,651 Posts
So after running it for awhile I have cleared the codes two times and the P0171 (Fuel sys lean B1) code comes back once and the P1130 (swirl control valve) comes back twice.
I know where the swirl vale is located, but what does it do? What do I look for? Or just buy a new one and try it? The fuel code could be related to the swirl valve I think. Currently it sometimes idles to high. Otherwise seams to run ok.
The P0171 indicates a very lean condition most likely caused by one or more of the following:
  • - There may be a major intake system vacuum leak: To check the intake system for a vacuum leak, attach a vacuum gauge to a full vacuum source. With the engine fully warmed up, the reading at idle should be 18 - 20 InHg. At 3,000 RPM, it should be 21 InHg. If readings are under 18 InHg, check the intake manifold nuts to make sure they are tight. The gasket may have failed; spray a water mist at the gasket to see if the gauge reading changes. Also check the intake plenum bellows at the throttle valve and at the MAF for cracks or loose clamps.
  • Incorrect fuel pressure. Tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge between the fuel feed hose and the fuel rail. The readings at idle should be as follows:
  • with vacuum hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator: 34 psi.
  • with vacuum hose disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator: 43 psi.
* Dirty fuel injector(s). Run some good injection cleaner, like BG products 44K, through the system; give the cleaner about a week or two to do it's job.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the early hardbody trucks had this problem:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts