Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey -
I am usually in the 300zx section but I just picked up a 1995 Altima that my younger brother had, I plan to give to my daughter, Here the beef.

He drove it, radiator popped (at top), blew water out (had little to no anti-freeze in it // looked like all water) Got hot but just for briefly.

My POP's came and did a JB-Weld Mod on the Radiator, filled back up with water, the car drove ~15 miles home (w/ no over heat).

Went to restart and no start, all turns and sounded 'OKay' just no start up.

So I bought the car (for scrap price) pulled the car to my home shop.
Did the Hail Mary fuse check and normal 1,2,3 basics.

When I pulled the spark plugs, it looks like water is sitting in the spark plug holes, I'm not sure it it from water blowing into the plug area of cracked head.

The oil is clean and I hear not noises or abnormals at start attempt other the the lack of fire.

What do you guys think? Head // Head Gasket // Just water from blowing Radiator (has straight shot to this area)

Also - are these the same engines as the 240sx? Are part interchangeable?

Any help would be great!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
if i remember correctly the parts are interchangeable but not all of them the cam angle senor sits in a diffrent location but the seals/gaskets should be the same if ur getting water in the motor in to the valve then i would say if u want to do it ur self change the head gasket and the valve cover gasket the kit from autozone in my area runs around 150 i am blowing a lil coolent and oil in to the motor and some times it smokes. so i would say if u can do it ur self do the gasket and see if it still puts water in the motor if so i dont know what to tell you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a total upper gasket kit, I found a head (been psi checked and all good).
I have the old head off, I am going to start the clean up process and pull off some emision stuff. I plan to start reassemble Saturday or so. I have to put back breaks on my 300zx on Friday so that throws me back a day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts