Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all.

I'm new to the forums here and apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I was recently in a car accident with my wife's 1995 200SX that's being considered a total loss.

The week after Xmas there was some heavy rain here in Southern California. A 2003 Nissan 350Z spun out in front of me from the other lane and I t-boned his passenger door. The 200SX received a lot of damage. The front bumper is pushed under the car, hood bent up, radiator bracket is bent up pretty good. I haven't looked inside the engine compartment yet so I don't know how bad the damage is. Both air bags deployed and the windshield is shattered.

My insurance company is telling me that they are not taking possession of the car and that it is still mine to decide what to do with.

I'm being offered $2850 for the car which seems reasonable. However, I'm wondering if there is any value left in the car as far as parting it out or possibly fixing it myself?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the best offer I can get so far from salvage yards is $350 for the car. That's kind of sad. What kind of parts are people interested in that would be of any help for me to keep it and part it out?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Part of the issue for me is that the car is 50 miles from my home. AAA charges $7 per mile past 7 miles to tow it unless I upgrade another $20 a year.

I can probably make arrangements to tow it myself, but the storage at home and dismantling of the car...I'm beginning to think it's not worth it.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wufaded said:
Ahh I see. I was gonna offer to store it at my house, but thats too damn far. Yeah sounds like you should not bother parting out....did you call Ecology? I'm pretty sure they have a yard in that area...either way, good luck :cool:
That's very kind of you and I appreciate the offer. I can store it at my house if I tow it, but there's just too many projects right now.

I'll let you guys know what salvage yard it goes to if you're needing parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.