Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to this forum, so sorry if I'm asking something that's already been covered. To start with, I rescued a US Spec '94 XE V6 4X4 KC from a local junk yard here in Germany (I'm Air Force stationed here). The truck is in great shape. No rust, just hail damage. I've been wanting to rebuild the motor since I don't know the maintanence history or the previous owner and it has 150,000 miles. Seems to run ok. Smokes at start up, but not that bad. Any way, this has been my daily driver/winter car for about a year now. Want to overhaul the engine, but can't really afford the down time. Today I found a 91 Maxima with the VG30E in the junk yard that still runs (208,000 miles). Nissan engines are almost impossible to find in Germany since there weren't many sold, and they never die. I want to pick up the Maxima engine and rebuild it, then just swap it. Would be a lot less down time. Is this possible? What's different? Any problems I will run in to? Lot's of searches I've done say the Maxima engine can be used, but when I look at rebuilt engines they have different part # for the Maxima. I've heard of differences with the cranks and oil pump, but I don't know what the difference is. I've read some other posts and there seem to be a bunch of people here with a lot more Nissan experience than me. Again, sorry if this has already been answered. I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for the help, Scott

·
Registered
59 Posts
some of the maximas motor are front wheel drive specific. i cant remember which exactly but even tho some are front drve only, it can still be swapped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts