Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
PrOxLaMuS© said:
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R and lets say a 1994 Prelude Si
1994 Prelude Si H23A1 engine 160bhp, 156lb ft, about 2950lbs. Should run anywhere from low to high 15's.

My questions here are: How do you know the lude was the manual and the guy had any sort of stick skills whatsoever? How do you know it wasnt weighed down with 4 people and a 300lb stereo? How do you even know he was racing you. Either way, I'm pretty sure it wouldnt stand a chance against a VTEC Prelude.

·
Registered
219 Posts
As long as overall diameter doesnt change, gear ratios shouldnt change either. Anyone with half a brain wont upsize and increase overall diameter.

Bottom line, low profile tires, big wheels, and lots of weight are not ideal for drag racing. They arent ideal for much actually, besides attracting 15 year old sluts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
OK.....I'm coming to this discussion a little late BUT:

I have personally raced a 4th gen (1994) Prelude Si with an intake. Let me tell you, they have some TORQUE for a 4 cylinder. He actually outlaunched me by a hair, but we were dead even at high revs in 1st, but as soon as I hit 2nd gear, the Lude squeked ahead about 1/2 a car length due to a ton of mid rpm torque......again at high revs I held him, and going into 3rd we held dead even, shutting down at around 80mph with me still 1/2 a car back.

Again, he had an AEM CAI, but I have a HS header (this was before my timing advance though......it was at 11 deg.), so it was about even.

I have also watched a race between my roomates then stock Probe GT (stock to stock, it was a *little* bit faster than my SE-R stock) against a 4th gen VTEC Lude.....put it this way.......a VTEC Lude will STOMP a stock SR20DE Sentra at higher speeds. The Probe put half a car on the Lude out of the hole (about what he'd do to me), but hitting 2nd you could hear the Prelude drop out of VTEC (the 1-2 shift puts them down to around 4400rpm, VTEC kicks at 5K on H22's), then go back in...........as soon as the Lude hit VTEC in 2nd it PULLED.......going from dead even at the top of 1st to 2.5 cars out by the top of 2nd and still going (at this point the PGT would have 1/2 a car on my SE-R)...........VTEC 4th gens are FAST.

5th gen Ludes are a bit slower because they are heavier, but they are still good for 15.4 stock........which is faster than an SE-R..........not to mention that they'll keep pulling all the way to 140mph.

Either way, an SE-R has a chance 0-60 against a VTEC Prelude, but they'll just walk our cars hard up high. 4th gen Si's are a much better match, but they still have a slight edge on an SE-R.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree with eveything except this:
BIGBULS said:
but hitting 2nd you could hear the Prelude drop out of VTEC (the 1-2 shift puts them down to around 4400rpm
My Si redlines at 6500, and when I 1-2 shift, it drops to about 4500rpm or so. Now, the H22 tranny have even shorter gear ratio as well as a 7400rpm redline. Meaning on 1-2 shifts, they will drop to about 5000rpm and still well within the working limits of VTEC if the driver has any stick skills whatsoever.

5th gen SH's will match 4th gen VTEC's pretty well in the straights.

·
Registered
219 Posts
James said:
Hey dumbass I was only saying you can't say tire size doesn't matter. I even expalined that to you. You being mister "I hate BS" should know that. You just have a history of starting shit don't you?
Hey dumbass, I wasnt replying to you, I was replying to the other dumbass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
James
Yea i have read other Post by wbb. He does have a history of starting shit.

Wbb, Bro you need to grow up and get off that pedestal you think your on .the only thing your doing on this forum is making enemies. You act like your shit dont stink well guess what it does. Dont have anymore time to waste on you:eek: .

·
Registered
219 Posts
SeSoonSe-R said:
Wbb, Bro you need to grow up and get off that pedestal you think your on .the only thing your doing on this forum is making enemies. You act like your shit dont stink well guess what it does. Dont have anymore time to waste on you:eek: .
You got schooled, owned, spanked, and proven wrong. Admit it, and move on.

I start shit only when people talk nonsense BS about Hondas and other cars. Well I stand up for Hondas when no one else will because I know enough about them to hold my own and because I sure as hell am not affraid of people who dont know what they are talking about. Yes, am I talking shit and starting shit with some of you guys, but isnt that what most of this forum likes doing anyway?

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
You got schooled, owned, spanked, and proven wrong. Admit it, and move on.
Oooohhh....you are certainly king of the playground now. Are you going to argue Nintendo next and 'spank' us on that? What a lameass. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok listen. I dont claim to be king of all I servay. I know some stats about Accords and Preludes and a little about some other Honda engines. All that I said was factually correct. I also informed people of their false statements as well as enlightened some others. Now tell me, what is wrong with that?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.