Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent done any research.. but since a Nissan SE-R and Honda Prelude have the same size engine......
All stock, which car would win? I assume the SE-R .. but really.. which is faster?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If they are both stock it wil be a close race, Taken your talking about the Se-R spec V. If your talking about the older Se-R or the 200 Sx The prelude will win but not by much. I've seen stock preludes run as fast as a 15.5 . With the right driver of course. on 17's

·
Registered
15 Posts
all 4th gens are v-tecs. The stock or the Sh. As far as 14's are concerned i dont think there that fast. No stock anyway. I beat one last night actually he had intake header and exhuast. My fastest time is 14.93 in my se-r. i had him by about 1 car lenght. he was on 18's with like 30 series tires so that didnt make nuch of a difference. Dont the s2k run like mid to low 14's

·
Registered
219 Posts
SeSoonSe-R said:
all 4th gens are v-tecs.
SeSoonSe-R said:
The stock or the Sh. As far as 14's are concerned i dont think there that fast. No stock anyway. I beat one last night actually he had intake header and exhuast. My fastest time is 14.93 in my se-r. i had him by about 1 car lenght. he was on 18's
What a moron you are. There goes your credibility right out the window son.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well Im not really sure which prelude.. figured there wasnt a huge difference...
But I suppose a 1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R and a
1994 Honda Prelude Si or
Any year Prelude with a VTEC engine

·
Registered
15 Posts
you tell me what 4th gen come with with the 135hrs h22. And if you read further it says he had 30 series tires moron. Compare those to the stock 16 with the stock tires and there about the same size. And they were volk racing alot lighter than stock. I hate people like you that just cant admit when there car gets beat. Especially when it comes to Hondas. If you dont like it get the Fk out.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
SeSoonSe-R said:
you tell me what 4th gen come with with the 135hrs h22. And if you read further it says he had 30 series tires moron. Compare those to the stock 16 with the stock tires and there about the same size. And they were volk racing alot lighter than stock. I hate people like you that just cant admit when there car gets beat. Especially when it comes to Hondas. If you dont like it get the Fk out.
?:confused:

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
SeSoonSe-R said:
I hate people like you that just cant admit when there car gets beat. Especially when it comes to Hondas. If you dont like it get the Fk out.
SeSoonSE-R, chill out. WBB is actually making sense here. You're the one jumping down his throat, because he drives a honda, and knows a bit more about them than some of us here. Show some damned respect, and don't flame, because it will get you nowhere but banned if it continues. Remember this saying "Do unto others, as you would have done unto you".

Originallpy posted by Wont Be Beat
4th gen VTEC's can run mid to high 14's. 5th gen Type SH's can run about the same. 4th gen S's can run high 16's. It all depends. If he would have said which Prelude, it would help.
All he is asking for is a little more information so he can make a judgement based on the specifications that he listed. Nowhere, and I mean nowhere does he say that his Honda is unbeatable. Get your shit straight before you post.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R and lets say a 1994 Prelude Si

Or once again.. any year Prelude w/ a VTEC
Is this question too much to ask.... i just kinda want a straight answer.. like (the SE-R will kill a Prelude Si. but not a VTEC) <something like that.. even though that is may or maynot what would happen

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
What a moron you are. There goes your credibility right out the window son
You know, not many people respect another's opinion when it is constantly abusive towards other. Maybe YOU should examine your own credibility.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
PrOxLaMuS© said:
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R and lets say a 1994 Prelude Si

Or once again.. any year Prelude w/ a VTEC
Is this question too much to ask.... i just kinda want a straight answer.. like (the SE-R will kill a Prelude Si. but not a VTEC) <something like that.. even though that is may or maynot what would happen
If you want to know in a perfect hypothetical situation then get the power to weight ratios of both vehicles, that way neglecting driver error you can know what car is faster... I don't remember how much a Prelude weighs for that year...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stealth B14
I do unto other that do unto me. I show respect where it needs to be shown, and when some starts name calling i dont think they need any respect. I hate when people start name calling.I see it happen way to much on these forums. There is no need for it. He flammed calling somone a moron. So i retaliate back.he got madd cuase i said i out ran a lude that was running on 18's but he didnt read on, just decieded to start name calling so i retaliated. Plain and simple. Mad bad if im in the wrong but thats just the way i see it

·
Registered
9 Posts
stock to stock, 5sp, i would say the h22 will win over the sr20. yes, weight comes to mind when dealing with preludes because they are pretty heavy for a coupe. 4g vtecs are supposed to be lighter and a bit faster than 5g from what i heard over various boards, though i never experienced it. sh preludes are not faster than the base(non-sh) ones.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I will stop the name calling. But I will school you right here.

SeSoonSe-R said:
you tell me what 4th gen come with with the 135hrs h22.
1992-1996 Prelude S F22A1 engine 135hp about 2850 lbs.

SeSoonSe-R said:
And if you read further it says he had 30 series tires moron. Compare those to the stock 16 with the stock tires and there about the same size.
4th generation (92-96) came ONLY with 14 inch (in the S model) or 15 inch (Si, SE, VTEC).

Size of the the wheels dont really matter, its weight that matter. FYI, low profile tires are not ideal for launching either.

SeSoonSe-R said:
I hate people like you that just cant admit when there car gets beat. Especially when it comes to Hondas. If you dont like it get the Fk out.
I dont giving a flying fuck if you beat 5000 Preludes. I just dont like BS--at all.

P.S.: Stealth, thanks.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.