Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ? that im curious about and im pretty sure ill win...
I got a buddy of mine who has a 1997 Frontier 5 speed and says it was wrecked and the previous owner put a 2.7 in it..He also states this truck also has a cold air intake which was put on by the previous owner along with a gutted cat..I have a 1994 Sentra with a 1.6 5 speed with plug wires, cold air intake, and a magnaflow muffler on it..He wants to run em and claims this truck will run 0-60 n bout 5 secs flat..I was reading on the Frontier threads and every1 on there said they are slow as shit..He claims he could beat me from a dead start and could beat me at top end..I personally think he is stupid because he dont kno these cars have more braggin rights than they get..I want all of your opinions on the race and i will get back when he decides when and where were gona settle it..Thanks

· Come here often?
1,081 Posts
0-60 in 5 seconds? Not a snowball's chance in hell. Your car's pretty slow too though so I'm not sure who would win. Not that I'm knocking your car. I got one too. :p

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a 97sentra and my car is just straight up slow the zero to sixty is like 16 seconds from my experences and i have a full 2" exaust and a cai. A 94sentra from what i hear is just about the same speed. So either way its going to be a slow race. what is the supposed top speed of the frontier and how long is the race to be.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He claims this truck wont shut off and he has had it about 130..I told him he was full of shit..I think my car has pretty fast acceleration but nothing compared to our Maxima..I'm not sure how long the race is suppose to be but he said he wants to max em out and see who wins from start and top end.

· Registered
44 Posts
The 97 Nissan pickups are still the good old hardbodys with the KA24E. I didn't know that Nissan even made a 2.7L. Do they? The Frontier didn't start untill 98 and they had the DE.

Anyway... This guy sounds like he is talking out his ass. He doesn't know what truck he has.

As far as a race go's. My 97 hardbody was slower then my sisters auto tercel, but it was 4X4 with 31" BFG's witch hurt it alot. I think a 2WD w/ stock wheels & tires might have you beat.

A new vette does 0-60 in 4.2 sec.
Do you think a almost stock 4cyl nissan pick up could do it 5 sec?
LoL

· Banned
6,855 Posts
ok this guy is a nerd..............just let him blow hot air. (don't street race) i have a 1.6L slow as hell! 95 wheel horse power. can i ask if you have a full from cat back exhaust and what size? or is it just a new muffler? if its just the muffler don't list that as a performance mod (it dosent do anything except make your car hella loud) a cai is good for a claimed 8 hp give or take a few (what brand is it?) he isn't even worth racing...........like i said hes just a sorry little tool and you should let him live in his world of ignorance, if you tell him the truth that the laws of physics will not allow his car to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds flat his world may possibly come to a screeching halt........just let the poor bastard be lol

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I know they didnt put a 2.7 in a Frontier just a 2.4 and a 3.3..i just got a Magnaflow muffler with a 1.75 inlet/outlet..I was thinking about gettin a catback but I gota get the money first.I'm not sure what kind of air intake it just mounted on my old stock air box which I had to pull off to put it on.I will probably just let him think he has something but just let it go and let him think he has a "dream" truck..lol Thanks guys

· Banned
6,855 Posts
we have a group buy goin for a true cai. 3in. alum piping $130 and your choice of colours.
p.s. you can get a muffler shop to make a cat back for you (crush bent) for alittle over or under $100. BUT IT HAS TO BE 2IN. PIPE!!!!!!!! any bigger and you lose power

· Slashie
394 Posts
My moneys on the Sentra, depending on the state of tune you've got.
If you have new plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor, advanced timing, and compression, I think you'll take the truck.

· OT's E-Referee
1,305 Posts
stevja1 said:
My moneys on the Sentra, depending on the state of tune you've got.
If you have new plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor, advanced timing, and compression, I think you'll take the truck.
I'll agree to that. I have a 97 Sentra with auto and a 93 with manual. The 97 has a bunch of mods and when it's running good it's faster than most domestic V6's and most imports 4 cylinders. However, my 93 with only a cone air filter is a lot faster at lower speeds. I'm figuring do to the tranny but still I've outran some modified 4 cylinders with it. Don't knock the ga16de too much. If you keep up to date on maintainance and know how to drive it to a "T" it does have some good pep. As stevja1, my money is on the sentra. Besides, his motor might be bigger but your car is smaller and lighter so his extra hp from having a bigger motor really ain't helping much.

Mitch

· Banned
6,855 Posts
i have no mods other than an ebay filter/maf adaptor, 14in. stock alloys and all season tires (for the winter) and an auto.................i just pulled an 11 second 0-60 :thumbup: (that was timeing my self from a dead stop with my cd player lol)

· Banned
6,855 Posts
its a veryy crud way to time your self but you will do better than me (13in.=better gearing and a stick is better)

· Registered
23 Posts
I've never timed my zero to sixty, but I know it is rediculously slow. The truck will most likely win. Obviously the dude is full of crap because it's not NEAR as fast as he says it is, but top end he might have you by like 1 mph. Remember the BLAZING fast 1.6 tops out at an incredible 109mph. I've driven my car (1.6 5-speed 200SX w/CAI) and the trucks, and I think the truck will rape you. Racing him, however, isn't worth the gas. It's not legal, so just let him talk his crap. Like some of the other guys said, "it'll be a slow race." If I was you... I'd just let him think he's got the greatest truck ever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.