Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so anytime i start the the truck the gauge automatically goes to half way point and keeps rising from there is this a faulty gauge or is the temp sensor gone out because i also tried disconecting both sensors and turning the truck on like that but it keeps doing the same thing is there a fuse i can check or anything???

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,368 Posts
Ok so anytime i start the the truck the gauge automatically goes to half way point and keeps rising from there is this a faulty gauge or is the temp sensor gone out because i also tried disconecting both sensors and turning the truck on like that but it keeps doing the same thing is there a fuse i can check or anything???
The problem is most likely in the combination meter dash assembly. Are the other gauges working correctly, because there's only one fuse that feeds the combination meter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The problem is most likely in the combination meter dash assembly. Are the other gauges working correctly, because there's only one fuse that feeds the combination meter.
Yep. Practically all the 80's and 90's Nissan temp gauges read high when they fail. It's possible it's a wiring issue, but a bad gauge is more likely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the other gagues work fine its just that one thats messed up do you inow wich fuse it is?

·
Registered
368 Posts
All the other gagues work fine its just that one thats messed up do you inow wich fuse it is?
I think you misunderstood what Rogo meant. If the other gauges all work, then the problem can't be the fuse. It has to be the individual gauge or circuit.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,036 Posts
Coolant temp circuit for the gauge is usually pretty simple. If you unplug it from the sender and turn the key on, it should read at the cold side of the gauge. When you connect the end of that circuit (sender side) to a direct ground source, the gauge needle should slowly rise to hot. If the gauge is not on cold when the circuit is open, either the circuit is grounded or has resistance in it or the gauge is faulty. The older Nissans would have a dashboard voltage regulator on the back of the cluster that would sometimes fail, but that would effect both the coolant and fuel gauges if it did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This may likely be a bad gauge problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts