Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,669 Posts
Most of the time you get codes for a sensor, it's the sensor, itself, that is the problem and probably so in your case based on how corroded you say they are. Nissan later got smart and made a plastic housing on the end of the sensor to prevent them from rusting into the knuckle, but not in your year, unfortunately. Some, I've been able to soak with rust penetrent for a few hours and then knock them through (you have to remove the knuckle from the car to do that). Others, I had to drill out or replace the knuckle assembly, altogether. If I was fixing the car, I'd replace those ABS speed sensors, erase the codes and see if the relay code re-triggers. As far as bypassing or tricking the system, there is no way to do that. Looping the sensor wires will not work because the control unit will read it as a shorted circuit and trigger the code. Having the light "on" or disabled will usually fail most state inspections.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.