Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I have a 1993 nissan altima and the abs light has been on since I bought it. I decided to investigate it today, and I did the thing with the data consult where you ground the pin and get the abs light to flash codes. I got a code for open circuit in the front left sensor, open circuit in the rear right, and a code for the relay solenoid. I took off the front wheel to look at it and the sensor was so rusted on I broke it trying to get it off. I figure the back wheel is the same situation and maybe that is also why it is throwing the code for the relay as well? I tested the relay first and it appeared to be working fine.

Basically, I dont care that much about the abs to fix the car because from my research I've seen the sensors are pricey. Is there any way I can trick the abs light to stay off? If there isn't a way I dont really care that much I can deal with seeing the light every time, but thought I'd ask if any of you guys know of a solution to trick the abs light off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The front sensor was getting voltage to the wires so I figure the open circuit was caused from corrosion within the sensor itself. I'm not a professional mechanic by any means that's just my idea. Thought I'd add that in here too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.