Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan GURU's I need your advice.  My Z runs rough at a low idol speed.  It gives a knock and sounds like a metal on metal knock toward the front of the engine.  The sound goes away at higher rpms.  I always change the oil regularly and the timing belt was done at 90k.  I have 150k on the car right now.  I had a shop change the belts about a year ago.  The sound had been going on for two years and this is a daily driver. I ran 2 cycles of BG's fuel treatment though it.  I then changed the fuel filter.  It seems to be running better but the sound still persists.  I was wondering if anyone knows what this sound could be and see what kind of similar issues people have had.  -Washington DZ

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Nissan GURU's I need your advice. My Z runs rough at a low idol speed. It gives a knock and sounds like a metal on metal knock toward the front of the engine. The sound goes away at higher rpms. I always change the oil regularly and the timing belt was done at 90k. I have 150k on the car right now. I had a shop change the belts about a year ago. The sound had been going on for two years and this is a daily driver. I ran 2 cycles of BG's fuel treatment though it. I then changed the fuel filter. It seems to be running better but the sound still persists. I was wondering if anyone knows what this sound could be and see what kind of similar issues people have had. -Washington DZ
Is it a lifter tap? If not change to a thicker oil 20w-50 and if it doesn't disappear do a compression check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts