Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot remove fuel injector from top of engine. Is there a trick, or do i need to remove fuel rail and unlock it from bottom of rail????????

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,022 Posts
The side-feed injectors are a real pita to remove. Trying to pry them up by using a large screwdriver under the electrical connector doesn't work most of the time and the danger of cracking the plastic.

The easiest way is to remove the fuel rail; unplug the electrical connectors but leave the fuel hoses connected; unplug the regulator vacuum hose. Also there's a fuel rail bracket that's under the regulator that needs to be loosened; it's easy to miss because it's almost hidden.

Now you can push the injectors out of the rail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
good advise from the man above but u could also use pliers and tist and pull but it also mite crack the plastic. any of you guys know how i can add a new thread im new hear

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
good advise from the man above but u could also use pliers and tist and pull but it also mite crack the plastic. any of you guys know how i can add a new thread im new hear
i used 2 allen wrenches and two vise grip pliers and but them on each side of the injectors theres holes on each side. its a b**ch but it works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts