Nissan Forum banner

1992 Nissan Sentra Classic

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smj999smj 
#1 ·
I am looking for some serious HELP! I have a 1992 N Sentra Classic PB12 and looking for the Left and Right side Rear suspension Seat Assembly for the Strut and Spring set up. The piece that I am looking for is at the top end of where the spring sits on the plate with the rubber o ring. The plate with the rubber o ring is exactly what I need and after calling many part suppliers I am getting no luck. The Nissan part numbers are 55264-50y10 and 55265-50y10 Left and Right side Rear Seat Assembly is what Nissan calls it. DOES ANYONE have some good news for me?
Please let me know, Thanks John

#3 ·
so few things here. 1990 was first year of the B13. 89 was final year of the B12 chasis. you have a B13 chasis car. they share the same parts with the 200sx which are plentiful in the JY everywhere you go. for the record pulsart N12 parts are interchangeable to an extent as well when it comes to suspension components

what you are looking for is the strut cap or strut top hat. round with 2 holes? KYB sells adjustable caps, however the B13 chasis is plagued with bump steer issues and torque steer issues even in the 1.6L variant without the lsd SR20 in the mix.

my advice. since its a 20 year old car, your bushings are going to be well on theyre way out by now and once you start pulling parts you will start replacing a lot more then just the hat. most likely the shocks are toast as are eyelet mounted bushings, sway bar bushes, end link bushes, control arm bushes as the geometry of the rear of these was horrid.

get a full kit and replace everything. just a tophat used is gonna be 20 bucks. aftermarket adjustables are 120 just for pillow ball mounts. individually all the bushes are going to run you about 230 dollars dealer price+ or somewhere around 190 through local places.

KYB makes a cheap coilover for the front and rear but id stick with meghan for a cheap kit for that vehicle. if you want to change the overall look and handling.

at the very least. replace both rear shocks, sway bar end links and bushes as well as the sway bar body mounts just to make sure any slop back there that may have caused a ruckus to other parts are taken care of.

course you could leave it all stock BUT where is the fun in that.

heres a full suspension bush kit from prothane/whiteline
https://www.carid.com/1992-nissan-s...-hyper-flex-system-master-sets-289173455.html

upgrade full kit
https://www.carid.com/megan-racing/...s91-ezii.html?singleid=1427496931&url=1389604

#4 ·
In some countries, like Mexico, the B12 Sentra, named the "Sentra Classic," was sold alongside the B13 Sentra. Similar to how the old and new body styles of the Nissan Rogue were sold at the same time for a period in the US, with the older style being named the "Rogue Select."

#5 ·
1989 was final year production of the b12 chasis. as of 9-89 no more b12 chasis were made.

the sentra clasico, or tsuru clasico means it was manufactured in chile and nothing more. it is still a b13 chasis, which is exactly the same regardless suspension wise as the b12 and the n12. main changes in geometry were seen up front in the engine compartment in the form of a engine cross brace (not present in b11 chasis and was added to handle higher torque from the later equipped dohc models) and minor differences between the SE-R and the xe like 4 wheel disc.

regardless its a b13 chasis as 92 was first year of refresh even in mexico. same suspension components. please refer to the wiki as i have put a lot of time into keeping the sentra database correct in the last 10 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sentra

#6 ·
Maybe his is a Canadian model? According to your Wiki link, the B12 Sentra 4-door "Classic" was available through the 1992 model year, offered alongside the B13 Sentra:

In Canada, the B12 four-door sedan remained available through the 1993 model year. Essentially a rebadged Nissan Tsuru II built in Mexico, it was called Sentra Classic to distinguish it from the B13 model released for 1991. It replaced the Nissan Micra 3/5-door hatchbacks which were discontinued that time as a price-leader model. All 1991–93 "Classic" models came with the 70 hp (52 kW) E16i and the choice of two transmissions, a 5-speed manual or 3-speed automatic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.