Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the problem is that it takes several "on/off" attempts before the AC goes on. The AC indicator light doesn't turn on and it seems to be getting worse.

Is there a switch that needs to be replaced or anything of the sort?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, I would expect the switch you press is going bad.

I have a 92 also, but the a/c hasn't worked in all the time we had it, so I don't know about this button and light too well. but i think the light is in the button, which if it is, it is 99% that switch.

It is like 17 years old, and unless you use the a/c the proper way in the winter, that switch sits untuched for months at a time to build up dirt.

If you can find that switch, it most likely will be an easy job, that part of the dash is easy to get to. and you switch pop the old one out, and the new one in.

If you can't find a new one, then it may be possible to clean the switch up with some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snoop thanks for your reply. I actually spoke to my wife who used to primarily drive the car and she said that you have to play with it meaning pushing the button a number of times in order for it to turn on. I think it's just my luck that when I drive the car, it doesn't want to turn on at all. I'm suspecting it is the switch like you mentioned.

With that, is there anywhere online that I can get a parts list so I can order that switch? I'm assuming it's easily accesible since I've taken that part of the dash off before.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The part itself might be dealer/junk yard only. You can possbily find a new gernic that would work.

If it was lowon freon, it would still turn on, I know I have no freon at all left, and its not worth it for the few month it would nice to have. I would have to find if there is any leaks and then fix those, then put the freon in again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts