Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mod out my sentra so I can make it into a sleeper. Now I want to run SSautochrome headers, but am unsure of what to run after that. Now, if I can find a nice bolt on exhaust system, that would be much easier but I am sure that I am gonna need a weld on kit. If it is possible to find a very nice bolt on kit then I would like that. If not, could you guys tell me of a nice kit I could buy? So thats first, and I want to do a turbo later but thats not for a lot later. Thanks for any help guys.

EDIT:
also, what would be the be the best cold air intake I can get?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would definitely not waste $1 trying to make the 1.6L even remotely quick. It is a complete waste of time. Putting a turbo and full exhaust on it would probably make it as fast as a stock SR20. If you want to go even quick, get an SR20 motor or buy an SE-R sentra. A full exhaust, intake and some other mods on the 1.6L wont even get you into the 16s in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey,

They do a pretty good write-up on the 1.6L on the Sport Compact Car website. Weapon R make the highest priced intake for the 1.6L now i think, but whether thats the best is debatable. Old HotShot parts are considered the best though. You could also add thermoblock spacers from Outlaw Engineering, underdrive pulley's from Unorthodox Racing, and there are quite a few parts available from Jim Wolf Technologies as well, depending on how much you wanna spend in the ga16de. I think you're out of luck for a direct bolt-up exhaust, but you an piece together a good set from the Magnaflow parts bin, which'll give you a deep non-ricey sound if you go with 2"-2.5" cat/muffler/resonator.

Shawn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Jeff from the Philippines here.. own a nissan sentra b13 4dr.. I agree with electric.. instead of going all-motor (engine mods) on ur 1.6, better to go with an SR20 DET if you can afford it.. or go all-motor on an SR20.. keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts