Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1991 nissan truck 4cyl 2wd, timing belt got replaced (together with a few valves), now the oil pump wont pump oil, replaced gasket on pump, replaced oil filter, replaced oil sensor, finally replaced oil pump, replaced oil ring on oil pick up tube, checked oil passage to pick up tube and to oil filter (all is clear) still no oil. follow directions on the book, align pin holes, prime pump, Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
there are two very small seals that go on the front of the motor befor you put the timing cover back on if you dont have them you will not get any oil pressure and oil will not pump trust me i just rebuilt my 1994 hardbody and i had the same problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will look into it, I dont see those seals in the book but will look closer (yes there is enough clearance with the pick up tube)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joshnismo, the engine Im working on is the ka24e, is that the same as the one you worked on? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, jonisimo you hit the nail in the head, oil is pumping away! tHANKS FOR THE HELP
JUNCOS

·
Registered
2 Posts
there are two very small seals that go on the front of the motor befor you put the timing cover back on if you dont have them you will not get any oil pressure and oil will not pump trust me i just rebuilt my 1994 hardbody and i had the same problem
What are those seals called I'm having the same problem

1 - 9 of 8 Posts