Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So I was driving down the freeway and a truck or a car must have kicked-up a rock, which landed on my 1991 Altima sunroof and cracked it. I want to replace it but when I took it to the dealer, they wanted something silly like $980.00. Glass places don't replace that part for some reason. Does anyone have any suggestions on where and how much such a part should be? I'm in the Los Angeles area and wouldn't mind taking it somewhere and having it done, so long as it's reasonable. It's my spare car and it's hardly driven. I doubt the car is worth much more then $1000-$1500 so spending $1000.00 for a piece of glass is kind of a waste.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction: it's a 2001, not 1991.

The car is a 2001, not a 1991. Not sure what the heck I was thinking! :confused:

Hello. So I was driving down the freeway and a truck or a car must have kicked-up a rock, which landed on my 2001 Altima sunroof and cracked it. I want to replace it but when I took it to the dealer, they wanted something silly like $980.00. Glass places don't replace that part for some reason. Does anyone have any suggestions on where and how much such a part should be? I'm in the Los Angeles area and wouldn't mind taking it somewhere and having it done, so long as it's reasonable. It's my spare car and it's hardly driven. I doubt the car is worth much more then $1000-$1500 so spending $1000.00 for a piece of glass is kind of a waste.

Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts