Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having an issue of high idle for the past few days now. It doesn't happen upon initially starting the car but only after its been running for around 5 minutes or so and only in Park and Neutral. I don't know how high the RPM goes up to but I would estimate it to be around 3000-4000 so its definitely not something I want to drive around with because of the stress it will put on the transmission. Anyhow, I'm just wondering if anyone else here has previous experience with something like this and what the solution was. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It should also be noted that I didn't seem to have these issues until I replaced a leaky h eater hose a while back. After replacing the hose there was the sound of boiling water in the engine block which was more than likely related to too much air being in the coolant system. I parked the car on a hill and ran it for a while with the radiator cap off in an attempt to bleed out any excess air in the coolant system and the boiling water sound went away. I'm not sure if this high idle issue could be related to the coolant system like possibly having a bad thermostat or maybe even some air left behind from the heater hose replacement. The car still runs though quite a bit of coolant though. Oh, and the engine is a GA16i.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts