Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is a skyline, but is 1990 too old for it to be good? MotoREX has this car for sale at $18,000 which is the cheapest that I would be able to get.

RB26DETT Engine
Attessa E-ETS
Super Hicas
[email protected]
271 [email protected] 4400 rpm
0-60 in 4.7s
0-100 in 12.7 seconds

MotoREX

Does anyone have pictures of this car?

The right two (white ones), I think are it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
this fucker would get it!!! uhhh yiiiih!

pull up to some mustang owner who thinks that japanese cars are all 4 cylinder econo-mobiles....what a nice thought...

·
Driver
736 Posts
It looks like the two on the right. Isn't the GT-S supposed to be RWD? At any rate, for $18,000 I doubt you'll find a faster car than that. Get it:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
i just thought of this- if u have a little kid and say he's sitting in the front with you and the cop pulls you over walks over and you roll down the kids window and he'll be like what the Fuuuuck?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, is it legal to drive a car here which has the steering wheel on the right? And how awkward is it to drive if you are used to it being on the left?

(And I dont have a kid :D )

·
Registered
249 Posts
Psch91 said:
Oh yeah, is it legal to drive a car here which has the steering wheel on the right? And how awkward is it to drive if you are used to it being on the left?

(And I dont have a kid :D )
it is legal otherwise how would we all get our mail;-)

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
Yes it's legal. They have right hand drive Subarus here for the postal workers, and also some guy in my town has a GBDM Mini Cooper which is RHD.

And yes, of course get the car!! If it has an RB26DETT in it that's all you need! Also keep in mind that the R32 is the lightest of the new generation Skylines. If you tune an R32, R33, and R34 to the same hp, the R32 will win hands down.

·
Registered
249 Posts
hey if u get it and say i go down to florida(i'm thinking of going to miami for the winter break- that' sofla) will you let me sit in it and take pictures? i'll bring my own box of klenex to prevent my drool from going all over it.
pleaaaase??? ;-)

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that Postal Workers have right hand drive cars, but they are also emplyeed by like the government(?), so they are allowed to. This would be a private car. But if its legal, SCHWEEET!

And to you Seva, as of right now its just an idea. Ill have to contact them and see how many miles and stuff it has, plus how much insurance would cost for a imported car such as a skyline. If I get the car, youre more than welcome to come down and "sit" in my car, but ill have to think about letting you take pictures ;). (Thats a joke, take as many pictures as you want.) And as long as youre only drooling...

·
Platinum
462 Posts
GTS

You might wanna find out if it's the GTS or GTS-t. GTS only comes with RB20DE engine. GTS-t comes with turbo (205hp). SE-R will be a lot faster than non turbo GTS and SR20DET powered car will be faster than RB20DET cars. You might want to know, you could buy the regular GTS for less than a grand in Japan and even GTS-t is 3 grand or less.

I understand having a Skyline here is very special. I would love to own it here if I could too. I know it was extremely hard to bring Skylines over here. Well if I think that, maybe $18K is still worth.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On MotoREX.com it says it has the RB26DETT Engine with 280hp
and 271 lb-ft, which ever model that is.

·
Niss-Nut
160 Posts
Yes,the 2 white ones are R32's.
Actually the GTS's are mostly rwd and comes with RB20DE or the RB25DE (like mine:D ) . THe GTS-T has the RB25DETas well as the GTS-M which has auto tranny. I have seen a 4wd GTS-T with an RB20DET and auto tranny but I dont know 2 much about it.
I have a 4 door GTS but I dont have any pics . I'm rebuilding the engine (cracked head) as soon as its running I'll post some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts