Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone point me in the right direction and what are my steps to tracing down the problem is it the transmission are is it the torque converter when they started towing me for the first 20 mins it sounded like the truck was running with the truck turned off just in neutral but it sounded like the axles was engaged with the transmission and the transmission was engaged with the motor making it sound like it was running why I was in neutral. and then all of a sudden the back wheels kinda locked up for a millisecond and something broke and then after that it very quiet and it didn't sound like the motor was running the rest of the way. Then when I got home I changed the fuel pump got it running put the truck in reverse backed out my driveway put it in forward and no forward gear

·
Software Developer
839 Posts
You probably burned out the transmission. When you tow a vehicle with an automatic transmission, you are supposed to load the rear axle on the dolly or disconnect the driveshaft if putting the front wheels on the dolly.

If the driveshaft was turning, half of the transmission insides were also turning. That's OK with the manual transmission, but not with the automatic.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Could anyone point me in the right direction and what are my steps to tracing down the problem is it the transmission are is it the torque converter when they started towing me for the first 20 mins it sounded like the truck was running with the truck turned off just in neutral but it sounded like the axles was engaged with the transmission and the transmission was engaged with the motor making it sound like it was running why I was in neutral. and then all of a sudden the back wheels kinda locked up for a millisecond and something broke and then after that it very quiet and it didn't sound like the motor was running the rest of the way. Then when I got home I changed the fuel pump got it running put the truck in reverse backed out my driveway put it in forward and no forward gear
Ryan,

It's probly something related to the Transmission imo.

The Owner's Manual explain's how to tow one with an AT.

Best to get it checked out, probly @ a Transmission Shop or Nissan Service Dept.

This is the main reason I alway's Demand a Flatbed Tow Truck, but also to reduce the chance of other damage's as well.

Good Luck,

Reactions: FrontDouble
1 - 6 of 6 Posts