Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn guys/girls,

I was just going to pick up some money from a customer in which I had changed the transmission for her 93 corolla and the unthinkable happened. I was roling down 199th st which is a main drag that takes you to ProPlayer stadium (Home of the Dolphins) and was just chillin' with my 4yr old. Then all of a sudden a passat got beside revved the engine and took off. As bad as I wanted to play, I had my baby on board so no "Haps". I got close to the entrance of a trailer park which is on the opposite side of the street and all of a sudden, a shiny new 2002 accord flies across the two west bound lanes, through neutral median and into the two east bound lanes right in front of me. I was doing about 40ish mph, but it happened so quick the only thing I could do was go for the least possible damage for both cars and that was run my car onto the median and hit some trees. Ehhh!! No good:mad: I'm not messing up my intercooler for no stinking honda. So I ended up tagging him on the left corner of his rear bumper only pushing it in. As for me and my son, we got propelled towards the median because my right tire and fender and corner marker saved his brand new accord from a nasty wipe-out. It cost me a tire, a fender, a corner marker and a headlight. But here's the kicker, the guy just bought the car yesterday and it had only 13 miles on it and to top it all off, he got cited for making an illegal left turn into mainstream traffic. Nissan wins again.......................................

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
I used to live in Broward Co. (Dania) --- I know all about the retarded drivers down there. VERY happy to hear you and your son are a-ok. :) Take care,

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the sentiment:) My son loves cars and the turbo noises, but that really upset him. If you lived in Broward then you truly do know what I'm talking about. If you're not doing 100mph on the street, then you will get ran off the road:mad: And most of the bad drivers aren't from here, so they think it's O.K. to incorporate their bad driving style and it becomes conflicting with us local-folks.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
My folks and I moved from SoFla in '95, when I was 15. So I was barely on the road with my permit. But I fully agree with you... there are so many idiot drivers down there. What always got me was those you drove 90mph on I-95 and didn't use their blinkers!!! :eek: I visit friend in Hollywood / Pembroke Pines / Weston each year, and I swear we almost get in an accident each day! You have to watch out for them at every intersection.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just in accident 3 weeks ago whereas this guy was eating crap on a cell phone in his '00 ford ranger and just tagged my elantra totalled-style from behind. And this insurance company is taking there sweet time at cutting me a check. Luckily, it's just a fender, headlight and corner marker because if it had been head on, I would have sold all the parts and let it be....Be easy man and we'll definitely be in touch:cool:

Dee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts