Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1990 300zx and wondering are these cars easy to work on. Do they sell a computer for that year of a car. It isnt a TT but oh well i will make it fast and have fun with it. Are parts pretty cheap for them or really expensive to repair.

Thank you, Scott

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
scottb8855 said:
I am looking at a 1990 300zx and wondering are these cars easy to work on. Do they sell a computer for that year of a car. It isnt a TT but oh well i will make it fast and have fun with it. Are parts pretty cheap for them or really expensive to repair.

Thank you, Scott
This is not a easy car to work on. It's very tight in the engine bay and parts are not cheap, not like Honda parts.

Yes they sell chips for the Z, JWT.

Any more questons?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spongerider said:
This is not a easy car to work on. It's very tight in the engine bay and parts are not cheap, not like Honda parts.

Yes they sell chips for the Z, JWT.

Any more questons?

This car i am looking at has 162,000 miles and is that a lot for a 3.0 will it last awhile do u think until i take it out and redo it all, i have heard the same t hing that they are hard to work on cause the engine compartment. i am getting this car cheap way under what it is worth so i think i might give it a try

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
scottb8855 said:
This car i am looking at has 162,000 miles and is that a lot for a 3.0 will it last awhile do u think until i take it out and redo it all, i have heard the same t hing that they are hard to work on cause the engine compartment. i am getting this car cheap way under what it is worth so i think i might give it a try
Have the Z check out by a Z mechanic and if it's all good buy it. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point

Spongerider said:
Have the Z check out by a Z mechanic and if it's all good buy it. :)

I will have to do that!! It does need a paint job but thank god i have friends that do that for a living. Is there any room in the back of the 2+2 to put a sub at least a small sub i cant remember how big it is back there. Oh how is the transmissions can they handle a lot of power. Wondering if the they were the same trans in the turbo as in the non turbo becuase i want to build it this winter

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought something different

i bought a 1990 300zx twin turbo instead of the regular one im so glad i did. this car is in great shape and fast

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I want to know some specs on the 300ZX N/A...as in hp, torque, and gas mileage. So whats the highest mileage has anybody seen on a 300ZX?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts