Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen and Ladies

I am a new member and i have a couple or questions about my Sentra Wagon.

1st Is there any other engine i can put inside my Sentra Wagon chassis?

2nd I want to convert my rear drums to disk?

3rd Are there any mods i can use from later sentra models that will work on my sentra?

Thank you for all your help and its nice to become a member of the nissan world.

Anthony

·
Registered
751 Posts
I love those stickies CrazyMart put up there. Especially the one PLEASE READ before posting.
Rear discs are tough if you're on a budget.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
think of your car as the same the other ga16i equipped one... do you have the 4wd version of the wagon ??

1 and 3rd is pretty easy : ga16de. (easy to say less to do.. search for it into the 2 section of b12/ga16i sections...

X2 on the rear brake disk... plus you dont want to mess with those costy brake parts.. cost more to do than wath it will really help. unless youll be hosting a 300hp engine in there, you wont need it !! :)

welcome around !! and make sure you look at the stickies, there is some mods you can do to improve on the handling, still a bit on brake (ad22) too...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the welcome its nice being here

No my Sentra Wagon is not 4wd its only a FWD.

Second thing i am still not used to some of the egine codes but if i am correct my car has the GA16i engine which is the 1.6L 4 cly 12valve engine i think.

either way i search on the site you told me

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Hey here is a quick break down on the engine codes for you

GA16i/DE

GA is the block family all GA's normally will interchange ( the block to tranny is the same)

16 displacement a no brainer

D indicates Dual cams

and the other letters says what type of induction it has

i Throtle body injection

E multi point

s carb

and a T at the end means it is turboed

You have lots to do to your car anything for a pulsar or sentra can be done for your car and a wagon makes a helluva sleeper.. Just take your time and read there is loads of info out there. Welcome and enjoy your nissan there a blast

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys thanks i have received an awsome welcome from you guys thanks alot

i have been reading through some forums and damn there are alot of thing i can do to my car.

One thing i do seem to still be a little lost is which engine is best for a swap that wont cost me that much or i wont have to do any major work to the chassis.

I have read the ca16de and the ca18de both bolt up to my chassis all i have to do is change the wirring harness. I have also read some little things about this engine the E15t engine from what i read it also bolts up but i will have to do some additional mods, and the engine is turbo.

Guys i plan on changing the engine and the rear brakes, all i have done so far is drop my sentra and put rims, but i cants stand the engine its too slow, i know its a station wagon but thats the ultimate sleeper.
This is my spare car, this is my everyday car and all i want to do is have at least 140-160hp coming out of the engine.

Also i understand that its no point in doing a rear drum to disk swap while i am stock but for some reason my nissan doesnt brake that well and i want
to change the drum to disk to see if it brakes better.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
If your car doesn't stop well to begin with, I doubt rear disks are gonna help you much. Everyone seems to forget that these cars are 15 years old and if anything in the braking system like calipers or wheel cylinders haven't been replaced, your on borrowed time. I just rebuilt my rear brakes. $77 for 2 new wheel cylinders, new shoes, and a can of brake cleaner. All quality parts from NAPA. brand new Wagner drums from Ebay another $40. Also added a set of Goodridge brake lines to the rear (about $100 for a complete set)

Shortly I'll be installing my front brakes that I stole from a Pulsar SE. This set up will include 2 new Brembo rotors (Ebay $30) EBC Greenstuff pads, Goodridge lines, and rebuilt calipers.

The nice thing is, with a little bit of resourcefulness, you can do a lot for these cars without busting your budget. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man for the info

I will go ahead and buy the parts that you just mentioned and i will redo my brake system

Either way can i get the rear disk brakes off a pulsar and put them on our sentra's, i am asking cause if i am going to do this then i might as well just go ahead and change the rear to disk

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Joaltava said:
Thanks man for the info

I will go ahead and buy the parts that you just mentioned and i will redo my brake system

Either way can i get the rear disk brakes off a pulsar and put them on our sentra's, i am asking cause if i am going to do this then i might as well just go ahead and change the rear to disk
I don't believe any pulsars came with rear disk, at least not in the U.S. ? If you are elsewhere in the world, different story.

anyone that has used a rear disk setup like that off of a B13 SER has had to make brackets to do so.

If you are just looking to get more stopping power, read the sticky at the top of the page, it will tell you all you need to know for the front brakes and where to get them from.

check on Ebay, brake rotors and drums are abundant and cheap.

make sure when you do the brakes, you go ahead and flush as much of the old fluid out as you can. It is amazing what comes out of there. i guess being in there all those years takes it's toll. :rolleyes:

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
If you just have to have rear disc look out side the us in europe the Sunny (B12 sport coupe sentra) came with rear discs so you can either get a set imported or maybe see if your local nissan dealer can come up with some now mind you this may be a spendy road to take but they should bolt right up with little to no worry. That is what I will be doing in the coming year after my tour in korea. But I am doing it for three reasons 1 to have them (I have added many things to my S/C just to say they are there) to look good behind my wheels and to help slow my frankenstien. But stock with a E16i I can lock up all four tires with little sweat. So form a mechanics point of view do a good brake job new rubber lines or steel braided if you want alittle mod. upgrade to pulsar se front brakes (look this one up seems almost army proof) with rebuilt calipers don't use used brake parts. and rebuild the drum brakes you should have a really good brake system for around 250 if you do the work that is using mostly new parts. And always get new or rebuilt parts for your brake system cause your life is worth the extra money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts