Nissan Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Still Nissaning
825 Posts
I have a 89 Pulsar and a 89 Sentra, I will most likely be doing the MPFI on the Pulsar since it is not my Daily driver. The only difference is the body shape between the two, and the pulsar is shorter than the 4 door Sentra. The engine compartment and components are the same though.
On the GA16DE I think you are right with the OBDII computer, so I will get one from a pre 1995.
On the injectors I am 90% sure that the MPFI GA16DE is like the majority of the other MPFI systems I have delt with, it fires all 4 injectors every time for every cylinder, so if I run them all in paralell from the GA16I computer it should be ok. My greatest concern is fuel pump/pressure, and the coolant passages in the intake.

·
Registered
56 Posts
good to know...I am glad I got you two to give me so much about the car.

I am used to toyota products mostly, having owned 4 corollas of different years, 80, 87, 92, and currently an 07

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
I have a 89 Pulsar and a 89 Sentra, I will most likely be doing the MPFI on the Pulsar since it is not my Daily driver. The only difference is the body shape between the two, and the pulsar is shorter than the 4 door Sentra. The engine compartment and components are the same though.
On the GA16DE I think you are right with the OBDII computer, so I will get one from a pre 1995.
On the injectors I am 90% sure that the MPFI GA16DE is like the majority of the other MPFI systems I have delt with, it fires all 4 injectors every time for every cylinder, so if I run them all in paralell from the GA16I computer it should be ok. My greatest concern is fuel pump/pressure, and the coolant passages in the intake.
fuel pump should be fine.

both blownb310 and beyondbiscuits ran their swapped GA16DE's on ga16i fuel pumps. biscuits switched to a walbro 255 pump for his T25 turbo setup, but blownb310 is still using his ga16i fuel pump on his ga16det. the ga16i fuel pump is more than adequate. it actually runs ~46psi with the TBI setup, which is abnormally high for a single injector TBI system. it should be more than fine.

it sounds like you're going to be finished before i even get started :(. that's too bad. but if you're going to try it with a GA16i ECU, and it works, and works well, i'm fine with that :). it will mean we won't have to worry about the lack of a cam positioning sensor.

our GA16E's will be outstanding. if it works well on your pulsar, will you also do it to your 4door bob?

i think if yours works with a GA16i ECU, i'll do it that way first, then switch over the GA16DE ECU, get that sorted out, because i need to run an SR20DE ECU for the turbo setup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the car will be at the house this weekend, hopefully.

I am purchasing it tonight, and have already sourced the eurocam, which I like, as well as a header by Pasesetter for it. I was thinking of doing the Eibach springs for the Sentra B12, but am not sure if they will fit under the KN12 body.

If anyone knows please tell me, or I will just end up cutting the stock springs and have some fun that way

·
Registered
56 Posts
I feel ya on that. I think I will just get this car running right and then I will be flipping it.

Of course I just picked up a chevy 350 motor, and once it is ready, will be looking to transplant it into something

41 - 52 of 52 Posts