Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
not totally sure.

i put the eurocam in my GA16i already, and that put it on par with the GA16i. i'd assume that the multiport injection swap would give anywhere between 5-15 hp, closer to 15. id guess that after the swap my engine will sit around 125-130hp. thats engine, not wheel hp.

the biggest thing this does, is allow an easier application for more serious mods, like a turbo kit, or an ITB setup. and seeing as there's an inexpensive bolt on kit, this is a good thing. plus it can be done with junkyard parts to start with.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
judging by what you and tim told me...it is the ga16 motor

sonic...where are you getting the eurocam and all this other stuff for your build??
the eurocam you can get here: Nismo Eurocam

the rest of the pieces that i'm going to use are from the GA16DE.

many years ago, a guy did an MPFI conversion on an E16i using an E15ET manifold, a GA16DE throttle body, MAF, and ECU, and it worked.

i'm going to use a GA16DE manifold and such, and being a less backwards engine, it should work great. luckily i can pick all these parts from a junkyard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
nice...i will keep all that in mind.

thanks for your help. It looks as if this car isnt going to be such a pain in the bum as I had originally thought

·
Still Nissaning
825 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but your conversation has caught my interest. I have been toying with the idea of modifying and installing a GA16de intake manifold on my GA16i for quite some time. I think it would be a great mod from the stock restrictive manifold.
On the Euro cam they don't seem to have any info listed for it, how did it affect your lower RPM horsepower? The Mid? High?
I still have my sentra and a Pulsar, so I feel like doing more mods to one or the other.

·
Registered
56 Posts
marshll i say get it runnin right and spray like a 50 shot on it till it blows then go for a swap
mostly I will be playin with the stocker until it blows, then I will swap out to better. I will be building the swap while driving the stocker though, so I dont have much downtime

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but your conversation has caught my interest. I have been toying with the idea of modifying and installing a GA16de intake manifold on my GA16i for quite some time. I think it would be a great mod from the stock restrictive manifold.
On the Euro cam they don't seem to have any info listed for it, how did it affect your lower RPM horsepower? The Mid? High?
I still have my sentra and a Pulsar, so I feel like doing more mods to one or the other.
glad my new and excited take has sparked your interest. Once I get it home and start to clean it up and get it right, I will document with pics and get them up here, or at least linked to another site where they will be up.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
bob the eurocam is AMAZING. it broadens the power through the entire range, especially the mid to low.

and as for the port injection conversion, it can definitely be done.

go here:GA16i/e-series Archive then scroll down. partway down the page you'll see a series of threads on an e16i to EFI conversion. read it, and see the fellows success.

·
Registered
56 Posts
bob the eurocam is AMAZING. it broadens the power through the entire range, especially the mid to low.

and as for the port injection conversion, it can definitely be done.

go here:GA16i/e-series Archive then scroll down. partway down the page you'll see a series of threads on an e16i to EFI conversion. read it, and see the fellows success.
I need to read that.

·
Still Nissaning
825 Posts
Good stuff, I think I will be giving that project some more serious thought. I'm just glad to see some more B12 enthusiasts still arround.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Good stuff, I think I will be giving that project some more serious thought. I'm just glad to see some more B12 enthusiasts still arround.
What would be a great idea is if we were doing it at the same time so that we can trouble shoot for eachother. if one of us has an issue, hopefully the other person found a way around it and we can make it work the best possible together.

that way we can provide an awesome platform for all GA16i b12's and KN13's, cuz we all know the GA16i is stronger than the GA16DE, and with little work, is just as powerful. the eurocam puts a B13 GA and a B12 GA on par power wise. the MPFI conversion could do the same, without the eurocam. with it, it doesn't compare.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What would be a great idea is if we were doing it at the same time so that we can trouble shoot for eachother. if one of us has an issue, hopefully the other person found a way around it and we can make it work the best possible together.

that way we can provide an awesome platform for all GA16i b12's and KN13's, cuz we all know the GA16i is stronger than the GA16DE, and with little work, is just as powerful. the eurocam puts a B13 GA and a B12 GA on par power wise. the MPFI conversion could do the same, without the eurocam. with it, it doesn't compare.
nice...not sure exactly which direction my build will go....I straight budget build, so it will be different for sure. I will document it all and post it here for you guys

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
nice...not sure exactly which direction my build will go....I straight budget build, so it will be different for sure. I will document it all and post it here for you guys
that would be sweet if you joined bob and i in the build.

mine will be fully documented, down to every last nut and bolt, because when this is done, it will seriously be an amazing step for GA16i b12 owners. the GA16i is a better block and head for boost than the DE, even though it's only 12 valve. just simply the components are way more solid, and can handle more, and it's lower compression.

and for those wanting good NA power at low cost, the MPFI conversion is still a great option at junkyard values. it allows for other bolt on parts, like a throttle body swap, proper CAI, and fuel system tuning. with the eurocam and probably about $100 for a junkyard GA16DE, the GA16E that will be birthed could be a more popular option over swapping in a GA16DE :).

·
Still Nissaning
825 Posts
I went to my local wrecker and started the process of removing the entire intake manifold and fuel rail from a 1998 sentra with the GA16DE. When I get some more time this week I will go back and finish, hopefully it is still there...
Do you plan to use the DE computer with your setup? I am looking at the various sensors and thinking that there is a good chance to be able to get it working with the stock computer.
I did a swap from a 1995 Saturn SL1 single cam engine to a 2000 SC2 dual cam a few years back, and was able to get everything to work 100% with the old computer. Looking at the two sentras I am starting to think similar things might be possible with the intake MPFI swap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
All in all, the ga that is in the car now will not be in very long. I will play with it a lil, but thats prob it. My roomate is getting his hands on an sr20 redtop very cheaply and we will prob be putting that into the car to see how scary this little car is with over 250hp coming out of it.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
I went to my local wrecker and started the process of removing the entire intake manifold and fuel rail from a 1998 sentra with the GA16DE. When I get some more time this week I will go back and finish, hopefully it is still there...
Do you plan to use the DE computer with your setup? I am looking at the various sensors and thinking that there is a good chance to be able to get it working with the stock computer.
I did a swap from a 1995 Saturn SL1 single cam engine to a 2000 SC2 dual cam a few years back, and was able to get everything to work 100% with the old computer. Looking at the two sentras I am starting to think similar things might be possible with the intake MPFI swap.
yeah, i was going to use everything, because the computer still wouldn't deliver the right signals to the injectors most likely. if it wasn't for the fact that its TBI to MPFI, i wouldn't use the ECU and sensors.

you might want to get a 991-94 GA16DE because its OBD1, not OBD2, so the computer and sensors will be WAY more similar to GA16i. basically, you could run it on the GA16i harness and ecu, i just don't think you'd get proper fuel delivery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sonic and Bob...you both have sentras and I will be getting a pulsar...this will be interesting. what are the main differences in the layouts we are working with

21 - 40 of 52 Posts