Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm rather new here, so I saw this ad where I live for this Nissan 240sx 89' it has 156k miles on it and the car is stock to the bone it cost around 6,500 the car isn't clapped out and messed up like other cars I've seen in my area for the same price. The only problem he told is the AC isn't working but everything else is working and kept in his garage cause he owns a s14
So guys should I take it ? Thanks for reading to

quick update: they sold the 240sx to someone else it really sucks but oh well hopefully I could find one for 6k and down

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,895 Posts
The value of a used 1989 Nissan 240SX ranges from around $254 to $1,812, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options; based on the Kelley Blue Book. So it seems $6500 is high. See of you can drive the car first; this can help determine the worth of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well do, where gonna check it out this Sunday to see how it drives and how it looks in person and the engine bay the condition of the car is vary good from the pictures but thanks

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,895 Posts
Let us know how you make out. If you do purchase the 240sx, post some pictures if you don't mind; if you run into issues with the car, feel free to post them here; the forum has a lot of knowledgeable folks that can help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much bro and I well take pictures and ask for that help when the car is giving me problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sale prices are a lot higher than simple depreciation would dictate due to the popularity with modders and boy racers. I'm always being asked if I want to sell my stock 1994 hatchback S13 ... no way, no how! :) There's a couple of stock hatchback S13s on the local auction site here in New Zealand with a price of around NZ$25,000 (approx US$16,600) ... one with very low mileage and another one apparently traded in by a 90 year old woman! That's a lot more than I paid for mine 22 years ago.

The real problem is getting parts (OEM or equivalent replacements) if you want to keep it more-or-less stock. They're hideously expensive. Trunk gas struts for most cars cost about NZ$100, but the parts store quoted me NZ$300 each for brand new ones to replace the failing ones on my car. :( I ended up getting a couple of second hand ones from a wreckers yard instead, but even getting custom-made replacements would have been cheaper than the OEM parts. A replacement OEM trunk wing is quoted at NZ$1,000 (before repainting it)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts