Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the size of the stock exhaust piping? A sharp rock put a huge hole (bout 1.5 inches wide) in the bottom of my muffler and it sounds like crap, and so I'm looking to replace it. What size inlet should I be looking for? Is 2 1/4" or 2 1/2 ok? I was thinking of replacing it with a sweet-sounding Borla muffler (specifically, the XR1 Sportsman) but the smallest inlet that those come in are 2 1/2". Any comments or help?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
88Pulsar_CA18DE said:
What is the size of the stock exhaust piping? A sharp rock put a huge hole (bout 1.5 inches wide) in the bottom of my muffler and it sounds like crap, and so I'm looking to replace it. What size inlet should I be looking for? Is 2 1/4" or 2 1/2 ok? I was thinking of replacing it with a sweet-sounding Borla muffler (specifically, the XR1 Sportsman) but the smallest inlet that those come in are 2 1/2". Any comments or help?
i don't know for sure, but i'd think that its' no bigger than 2"...pretty sure it's not 2 1/2"

·
Registered
51 Posts
if you have the money get it fully replaced with 2 1/2 with a strait through *fake* cat as well as a good muffler such as a magnaflow...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to get the entire thing, i'd be looking headers and back from there, right? what headers would you guys recommend? i've tried to search for performance parts everywhere, but i haven't found anything. i've actually found out that the piping is 1 3/4" and the inlet on the stock muffler is 1 7/8". Pretty small! Anyone know any websites for perf. parts? perhaps where i could also find a CAI for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
88Pulsar_CA18DE said:
to get the entire thing, i'd be looking headers and back from there, right? what headers would you guys recommend? i've tried to search for performance parts everywhere, but i haven't found anything. i've actually found out that the piping is 1 3/4" and the inlet on the stock muffler is 1 7/8". Pretty small! Anyone know any websites for perf. parts? perhaps where i could also find a CAI for it?

Near as I can tell Pacesetter used to make a header for the Pulsar but doesn't anymore. Try www.paeco.com to see if they carry one for that engine.

J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about a cold air intake? is the engine setup similar to any other nissan? maybe i could use a CAI that's meant for another car, like for a sentra or something? maybe the headers and exhaust system setup the same way? once again, your help is much appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts