Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my pathfinder has 5 -6 inches of lift part body.
it has 33 inch tires and still driver good just pulls to 1 side a little.

but when you hit the gas mainly in 4x4 the front wheels tow in and you cant steer. dose any one know what this is from?

·
My Lil' Red Wagon
163 Posts
sounds like there is alot of slack in the tierod ends..jack up the front and see if you can find any slop in the steering arms by pushing the wheels back and forth by hand, or leave it onthe ground and have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth (while you watch) just enough to see if there is any slack in the links...if they are still original, then it would be a good idea to change them anyways and have an alignment done...those are critical parts and if they fail it could be VERY bad....

·
3,553 Posts
The problem areas are (in order of tendency to produce steering slop): centerlink, idler arm, tie rods, ball joints, tension rod bushings and upper control arm bushings.

That said, it is a fairly common problem when running a 3" suspension lift and 33's. Mine does it even with upgraded steering, just not as bad as it used to.

Have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth lightly with the engine off as you lie under the front end and watch the steering parts move. Check all the joints visually for excessive play or slop. That's an easy way to find out what's loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more info

I think its called the drag link at least thats what ford calls it any way
it runs to the idler arm and runs both sides stering.
well this "drag link" is rolling back and forth so it pulls in the tie rods towing in the steering. does any one know how to fix this?
the part may be the centerlink tho i dont know what its called

new parts
idler arm
said new parts
tie rods
half shafts

thanks for people who already helped :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts