Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the back window of my 1987 Pathfinder broken out by vandals. Since then each time I try to start the vehicle the Glow Timer/Fuel Pump fuse blows and the engine stops. If I replace the fuse it immediately blows upon starting again. It's a 10 amp fuse.

Any ideas? I have replaced the rear window with a part from the junk yard and could not hook up the defroster. The leads are broken on the window. There is a separate fuse for the rear defogger so I'm not sure is these are connedted or if it is a strange coincidence.

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
Gilbert6613 said:
Does anyone have any idea what a Glow Timer is?
i'm pretty sure ur pathfinder doesn't ahve one, becasue a glow timer from my understanding is used to control when and how long the glow plugs in a diesel are on for, i might be wrong

·
3,553 Posts
Inside the fuel tank. There's an access door in the floor of the Pathfinder's cargo area under the carpet that comes out so you can get to the top of the tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the access door in the cargo area under the carpet and went online to searchfor replacement parts (Advance Auto Parts). I opened the trap door am not sure if what I am seeing is actually the fuel pump. It is flat(less than 2" thick), roundish but abnormally shaped, and not cylindrical like the ones shown in pictures on the Advance Auto Parts site. Is it normal that the replacement part may not look the same?

·
3,553 Posts
The pump is mounted near the bottom of the tank, the flat part you're looking at is simply the tank cover.

·
Registered
90 Posts
your problem is being caused ny a nad fuel pump sender, you will need to go to dealer and purches a new sender, do yourself a favor, get it with the new pump included not much of a price difference that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts