Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have an 1987 d21 with the vg30 engine. i pulled the motor out and had it rebuilt got it back in and i have forgot where most of the vacuum lines run to. I have taken off all the EGR crap and i need help on where to hook up the rest of the vacuum lines if anyone has an picture of the same motor to show where they go would be greatly appreciated. I have a book but it does not have any information on the V6 motor. thanks for any help

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
The EGR plays an important part in keeping engine combustion temperatures in check to prevent pre-ignition detonation, so, I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as "crap" and it would be best left operational. That said, Autozone.com has free repair guides that contain vacuum diagrams; all you need to do is register an e-mail with them. A Nissan factory service manual would have them, as well. Sometimes you can find used manual on Ebay for $20-$30, which is a steal for all of the information they provide. Nico's forums have free downloadable service manuals, but I don't know if they go back that far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts