Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Software Developer
856 Posts
Not many people think to check the Fusible Links, so +1 for that. I'll assume that you replaced the fuel filter recently, too, since that is a noobie mistake.

What about the plugs? Are they wet from fuel and no fire or dry? If they are dry, you have fire or no fuel. If you have fire but not starting, I'd say look at the ignition timing. The 86.5 had the VG30i with a round tooth belt that is supposed to last about 60k miles. If it broke, then you are not turning the overhead cams. It also had the Z24i, but it used a chain, and is not so problematic. You didn't say what engine you are running.

·
Software Developer
856 Posts
So checked ignition timing its dead on I've come to the conclusion the crank sensor is shot but no ecu code.
Bad distributors are weird, or at least they act weird to me. There's a mechanic on here who goes by something like smj, and he is pretty good at diagnosing bad distributors - or at least I've seen him do that in the past.

I'm not saying it is the distributor, but it's possible.

If you decide to buy a replacement, I have a couple for sale on Facebook.

This is a new Spectra Premium distributor:

The other is the original distributor with the wires and all:

Shamelessly promoting my items, I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.