Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have a 1985 sentra with a 1.6 liter motor and an automatic tranny. This car is fun as hell to drive:p , but it can get pretty scary when you hit the go pedal and it doesn't want to move:eek: . This would be a great little grocery getter with about 150 horses. Is Nissan doing like Honda and stroking the 1.6 to get a 1.8 or is this a different motor?
It acts like the computer is having a hard time processing the info that the engine controls are sending to it. I think that a 64 bit processer and some intake and exhaust work would do alot for this motor. Does anyone know if there are any shops that sell these types of parts for this motor? Also, is there a fuel injection kit out there for this motor to replace this pain in the ass electronic carb?
Any info would be alot of help!!!
Thanks,
Old'67:cool:

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
The engine you have in the E16i. Its a great little engine, reliable as hell. Not too powerful though. There are mods for the E-series. New headers, cams, carbs, and other stuff is available. Im sure people will post links ( i just got a new computer and i havent copied all my links over yet) to the sites that got this stuff.
If you want serious power then a swap to a CA18 or SR20 would be best.

-Nick

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Sorry Nick but he has the e15s engine. Not much power at all. You can swap the parts from a e16i engine to get fuel injection. I have it in my car and it is not powerful but it is very reliable.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more please

Hey,
Thanks for the info. Whose right about the engine code though?

Would either of the engines that Sentrastud listed be a direct swap or would there be alot of fabrication involved? An sr2o would be cool though!

Is this a very common car for people to mod? I thought that people didn't modify pre '90 sentras.

Also, does the fact that the engine is an E series motor mean that it shares the same block with other E series motors?

Thanks,
Old'67 :cool:

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
ooops... maybe i should read what i reply to thoroughly first... :rolleyes: . sorry, my bad on that one...

Im not really sure about the B11. On the B12 a CA18 will fit in with few modifications. Im sure that an SR20 or a CA18 could be swapped in, maybe with a few more modifications, but none the less it could be done. Modded B11's are really rare. People mod Pre '90's Sentras, but the majority of them are 1987+.

-Nick

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
All the e-series engines share the block and most share the same head. The only difference between the e16s and the e16i is the ECU and the throttlebody.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts