Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 810 Datsun 2 door coupe. It's rwd and has an independent rear suspension. I've been saving up to make this one of my project cars. I wanted to know if anyone knows any valuable information or tips on fixing up my Datsun. It currently has a 2.4L straight six sohc and its fuel injected. I have a lot of hood space and can pretty much fit anything in there. I was thinking of putting an rb26dett. Someone gave me one of those old school 280zx turbo engines its a 2.8L sohc straight six turbo (but its really beat up and would take some work to get it running). I don't if i should just stick with the 2.8L turbo or just go with my original plan with the rb engine. Any feedback would be cool. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
welllllll snap. if you can afford to do the swap do the rb20dett, but if you have a turbo motor go ahead and clean it up, polish, and tighten , and keep it, maybe you could use it elsewhere, i heard somewhere that the turbo can swap direct to the 24 with minor modification, but this car seems to be pretty rare...

The datsun 810 aka ( 2000 G6 SGL/SGK/SGX ) probably needs work on the basics, make sure you focus on suspension, of course.... I beleive any parts from the late 70's kgc110 skylines, laurel gl's, cedric, bluebird 180b / 180y, datsun 280z front end/ or rear end - and 240z interiors are usable on this beauty of a car. I haven't actually started my project yet, but ive had alot of time to study

1 - 2 of 2 Posts