Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan dealer failed to repair problem. Stalled until Warranty expired August 2021. Refuses to repair despite problem documented 4 times clearly. Nissan USA refuses to assist.
Additional unaddressed problem as covered in Technical Bulletin regarding cold starts, dying, rough acceleration.

What options do I have?

Purchased new Sept 2018, large Nissan Dealership Nevada.

Thank you,

Elle

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm a little surprised that Nissan Corporate won't help if the issue was documented during the basic warranty, but the drivetrain and emissions warranties are both longer than basic and should cover a mileage issue if it's a failed part. There aren't a whole lot of things that can cause crappy mileage without codes which aren't easily diagnosed with a streaming scanner. The most common one is a bad Intake Air Temperature sensor (IAT) that's making the ECM think the intake air is very cold and causing it to run the injectors full-rich. It's also possible it's a bad or mis-calibrated Mass Airflow (MAF) or a bad A/F (front O2) sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I agree. Would you trust NISSAN USA to reimburse "repair expenses" from another Nissan dealership in the area?
For "after warranty repair".

Diagnostic charges are $170.00 to start.

You believe the extended drivetrain warranty should cover low gas mileage issues?

It all seems suspiciously wrong to me.
I won't include the absolute lie the service advisor told upon final service where nothing was done.

Again, I really appreciate your input.

Elle

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You believe the extended drivetrain warranty should cover low gas mileage issues?
Yes, if it's because of a failed part such as a bad IAT or MAF that the drivetrain or emissions warranty would cover. If it turns out to be a mis-calibrated MAF, bad engine ground, or some other issue that could be considered maintenance or adjustment, then no. You'll have a fight getting reimbursement, but if you can get an outside shop (or a different Nissan dealer) to do a proper diagnosis and prove that a part is bad, you can then clobber the original dealership and get them to replace it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, thank you for the quick response! You have given me enough information, I think, to contact the only Nissan Dealership in this county NOT owned by the same owner as "my dealer".

I didn't realize the extended warranty included emissions. Strangely, I had my dealership do a DMV Smog test that last service date. Passed.

Thank you, AGAIN, VStar650CL!!!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You're most welcome, best of luck with it. I get pretty irritated with dealerships that "dust off" legitimate complaints from customers just because they can't pull an obvious code and replace an obvious part. I'll grant you it's harder to get Nissan to pay for investigative work than for flat-rate slap-dashery, but that's really not a good excuse. You either care about your customers or you don't, and if you don't, the wages of it are dealing with Corporate when someone else proves that you screwed up.

Sadly, our poor pup died of a lung tumor back in August, but you're right, he was that cute. Kind of a unique crossbreed, Shih-Tzu and Pekingese with a dash of Tibetan Spaniel. Wonderful dog, there's a big hole in our hearts. If you want to know the whole story, visit the Nico Club site and search for "Prayers Please" (include the quotes in the search bar).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What an amazing post. You are obviously extraordinary in so many ways. From a fellow dog lover, I will next go to your site..prayers included. Our "Woogie", an absolutely life altering Yorkie, now nearing 15 years old....well, I am sure I don't need to explain concerns.

I will follow up with results of Nissan.

Again, Thank you.

Elle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My ******** account is "thinking". So I will use this site to respond.
What a beautiful story about Chance--and his Mommy and Daddy. Prayers to all of you. His story is heart-warming. Thank you for sharing. I hope each day brings more memories of happiness.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Dog supply

This is 14 year old Woogie. After his grooming last Thursday. He loves everyone, dogs and humans. 💘
Elle

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Woogie is totally adorable! It's funny how we humans always seem to acquire introspection and self-knowledge from the lives of our fur babies. Chance was my best friend, but the other dog in those pics, Buddy, could genuinely be called my happy place. He showed up on my daughter's doorstep and refused to go home, actually nipping at his supposed "owner" when the man tried to collect him. We later discovered a horror story in his x-rays, a busted jaw and a blind eye with a broken orbit, several broken ribs, and a damaged back knee. The vet couldn't imagine how he survived the abuse, his poor head must have been swollen like a pumpkin. What takes your breath away now is how happy Bud is. If you beat down most humans that way, they'd be "oh poor me" for the rest of their existence. Bud became a trifle opinionated, but give him a tummy rub and let him drag you around the park for an hour (bum knee and all), he's the world's happiest critter. For me, that kind of amounts to a built-in attitude adjustment. Whenever I get a case of "oh poor me", five minutes with Bud is all it takes to put me back on a better path. It's hard to imagine how different -- and sorrier -- our lives would be without a little furry influence.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts