Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just bought my 1990 300zx n/a 5 speed with 160000 miles my wife bought it for me it was 3,000 dollars im currently deployed in iraq and my wife is not mechanically inclined and i want to get as much as i can done mechanic wise before i come home so i have no problem problems with it i was wondering what i should check and and do...i know the timing belt is an issue but what other problems are there i should know about when it comes to the 1990 model of the 300zx also wat does a complete service and tune up normally runs i would appreciate any help i can get thank you...
here are some pics of my zx

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Congrats on your Z! I would take your Z32 to a trusted Z mechanic and have all the required maintenance done. Parts do wear out on our Z's and it's better safe then sorry.

Where do you live? I might be able to suggest a trusting Z mechanic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im from rialto ca, right outside of la but my wife and the car are currently in columbia sc, i dont know any body really over there mechanic wise but i have her looking i appreaciate any help you can give

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a copy of the owner's manual, you'll find an suggested schedule for getting things done. If not, you may be able to find one online. Timing belt should have been done around 90,000. Service varies, dealers charge an arm and a leg. Find a reputable independent. I live in Van Nuys and have always taken my car to Precision Z in Canoga Park. The ignition timing and all other engine functions are computer controlled and shouldn't need tuning although there are things that can be done to the ECU to alter these functions. Unfortunately, the 300 ZX is not a "Shade-Tree Mechanic's," type car. You need special tools so it's best to let the experts do these things. Stay safe, I'm a retired Army Reserve 05, I'll try to answer your questions. Email me at [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts