Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
3.5 PROJECT TURBO
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
myoung said:
just a little correction...That's the Nissan Performance Mag project Altima 3.5 .... Mossy is a sponsor..:D
Oh, my bad, I know I puted right the first time, but thanks any away. :eek:

Guerrero said:
I went last night to the Wheel Store to see what kind of 19" they have for my car.
I told them that: I wanted 19", something other that silver, and lightweight.
They told me that my best bet will be the OZ Superleggera (the sameones that the progect car from nissan mag. has). They only weight 21.5 pounds, and they look alright,
245/35/19
The price out the door, Locks everything was $2775 with Toyo FZ4
or $3100 with Toyo T1S

What you guys think?
Can I get better wheels for that price?
What is the wides I can go? (19x8, 19x8.5 or 19x9)
What kind of tires should I go with?

I'm looking for the best performance (I will give look for performance)

I know I aks to much, but I've been searching for a while but I haven't find a straight answer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
To be quite honest, 19" rims are a bad choice if you're looking for performance. In a test of wheels from 14" up through at least 18" if not higher, 17" were found to be the best overall performers. A rim as large as 19" will really affect your car's handling. They're mostly for show and look pimp, but they simply aren't made for "go". Your car won't turn in as well, the steering will feel less responsive. And the cost of the set to start off with is outrageous! Just think how much 19" tires are going to cost you to replace... and the ride will be rough.

If none of that bothers you, then go for it. OZ makes nice rims. :)

As a side note, I wrote an small informational article on the advantages of smaller rims over large ones here: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/current/5zigen/

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good article Middy

·
3.5 PROJECT TURBO
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Middy said:
To be quite honest, 19" rims are a bad choice if you're looking for performance. In a test of wheels from 14" up through at least 18" if not higher, 17" were found to be the best overall performers. A rim as large as 19" will really affect your car's handling. They're mostly for show and look pimp, but they simply aren't made for "go". Your car won't turn in as well, the steering will feel less responsive. And the cost of the set to start off with is outrageous! Just think how much 19" tires are going to cost you to replace... and the ride will be rough.

If none of that bothers you, then go for it. OZ makes nice rims. :)

As a side note, I wrote an small informational article on the advantages of smaller rims over large ones here: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/current/5zigen/
Now you got me thinking again, I wasn't sure which way to go 18s or 19s, but like I said before I think 18s look small and 19s don't give me the performance I want...
(I would probably go for the nice, pimp, rought and expensiveee 19s)

V

·
0 Posts
Damn, those Superleggera are real nice looking. For $3,000 though I would be thinking turbo or something.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
VibrantRedGT said:
Damn, those Superleggera are real nice looking. For $3,000 though I would be thinking turbo or something.
The light weight of the Superleggera is a huge selling point. The set we have on the Altima is just under 20lbs. We can't argue with Middy's point about larger wheels hurting performance but again these 19" are relatively light. We'll have to do a comparison vs. the stock set to see which is heavier.

The 19" OZ's just look plain bad ass on the Altima.

·
Registered
513 Posts
SR20AL said:
The light weight of the Superleggera is a huge selling point. The set we have on the Altima is just under 20lbs. We can't argue with Middy's point about larger wheels hurting performance but again these 19" are relatively light. We'll have to do a comparison vs. the stock set to see which is heavier.

The 19" OZ's just look plain bad ass on the Altima.
Stock rollers on the 3.5 are almost 23 llbs.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, I'm a perfectionist!
The Mille's are +42 et and the
ADR's are +38 et. This should align
them perfectly with the fender well
lips. I like the flush tuck look on my
cars. Also, they're 4 llbs lighter *bonus*.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts