Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was going to get 17inch rims for my car today off ebay, but they dont have the 17version but they have the 18 version for like 70$ more...i think it sounds good...but can a sentra withhold 18's? also, are the set of 4 tires about the same price as the set of 4 tires for the 17inch version??

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
they're gonna slow you down a LOT, and they're huge. even with a drop you'll look like the car rides high.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do they slow you down? if the overall diameter of the wheel-tire is the same? i think that 18's look sick...im not interestered in racing or whatnot times on my car (how fast it is), i want show and im a daily commuter to school.....but, my parents wont allow me to drop my car...so iono...i want the 17's, but the 18's are just so ever tempting

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
rselah25 said:
how do they slow you down? if the overall diameter of the wheel-tire is the same? i think that 18's look sick...im not interestered in racing or whatnot times on my car (how fast it is), i want show and im a daily commuter to school.....but, my parents wont allow me to drop my car...so iono...i want the 17's, but the 18's are just so ever tempting
how can the overall diameter be the same if one is 17" and one is 18" ?

not to mention, it appears that you don't have any suspension upgrades.. 18's are going to destroy your stock suspension quickly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the diameter of the tire....keep the diamter of the tires the same....more rim, lowere profile....

·
4,571 Posts
rselah25 said:
the diameter of the tire....keep the diamter of the tires the same....more rim, lowere profile....
You can't put 17" tires on 18" wheels

okayy then...... you seem to have the answers and doesn't sound like you want advice... good luck

please take one hint of advice... research it before buying...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what im trying to say, is it a good idea to get 18inch rims? consider a show factor, and daily driving factor (although the roads around here arent that bad)

·
4,571 Posts
2001 Nissan Sentra SE Show: 20inch neon tube behind grille, LED under car kit, 9-inch neons under dash, LED singles inside rear speaker grilles, LED singles lighting up gauge cluster area, Indiglo Gauges (reverse style), Grouding Kit, painted upper front strut bar, engine dressup, Crystal Clear Headlights,..Sound: Alpine CDA-9825 headunit, Audiobahn 400wt 2-ch amp, 2 10-inch Pioneer 500wt subs, Front-Rockford Fosgate Punch Component system, Rear-Rockford fosgate 2-way spkers..Go: Cold Air Intake

also..pelase trim your signature.. there is a three line limit...thanks

·