Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question, but is there any differnece between the 180sx and the 240sx besides the engine that they have? Maybe physical size of the car, HICAS, etc. Thanks!

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Drive orientation obviously, minor external body features, indicators/reflectors, minor trim differences etc.

Also only the J's spec silvias came out with steelies and hubcaps. 180sx never did. I suspect the 240sx had different combinations of options to the japanese J's, Q's and K's. The 180sx always had a K's level of trim (electric windows, mirrors etc)

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
yea basically what joel said.

180 = right hand drive(of course it ..180 never hit america), came turbo'd from factory (CA18, SR20) , different tail lights and i dunno about the other lights...i dont think the 180 had the gay foam wing like some 240's did...not sure about that one at all though. plus like joel said, i think the 240 came in different luxuries but the 180 was always k's?

also, the 240 came in hatchback(looks like a 180) and coupe(silvia with 180 nose)

so with the knowledge of what the coupe really looks like, isnt it basically a sil80?!?! silvia rear, 180 front...hehe

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
LMAO!!!! :loser:

just look at his sig...

hey vspec you should make that link more noticable, you post about it so much!

basically the sticky has like almost all the info about 240s and shit you could want(right?)

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
a sticky is just like a normal thread but is always "stuck" at the top of the list. a moderator can choose to "stickify" a thread if they feel that the thread is important enough.. it could anything from AIM screennames, mug shots of members, or to threads just with lots of information. some mods may make a useless thread a sticky just because they're bored and want to. (i wish i was a mod :p *hint hint*)

not all but a lot of general/basic 240sx info is in there.. but my sig does have a couple of good links ;)

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Kelso said:
i dont think the 180 had the gay foam wing like some 240's did
Oh it did and it was GAY. Mine was all rusted out - a mate of mines was so rusted out he had to get a new rear hatch!

I also assume the brakes are different. I suppose you guys got the same brakes as the SR20DE version (or even the CA18DE) while the 180 had slightly beefier DET brakes (two pot brakes but bigger)
180 probably also got bigger swaybars - could be wrong on that though.

I dont think the Japanese 180 (or silvia) ever got a leather trim option though.

·
Banned
632 Posts
Kelso said:
yea basically what joel said.

180 = right hand drive(of course it ..180 never hit america), came turbo'd from factory (CA18, SR20) , different tail lights and i dunno about the other lights...i dont think the 180 had the gay foam wing like some 240's did...not sure about that one at all though. plus like joel said, i think the 240 came in different luxuries but the 180 was always k's?

also, the 240 came in hatchback(looks like a 180) and coupe(silvia with 180 nose)

so with the knowledge of what the coupe really looks like, isnt it basically a sil80?!?! silvia rear, 180 front...hehe
i think the 240 hatch is the 180. america just made it shittier with a ka24, naming it 240, in other words, disgracing the 180.
and the "sil80" you speak of is the onevia. :dumbass:

edit, im just playin on the :dumbass: part

·
Registered
973 Posts
all 240s are exact to silvia/180(except thr drivtrain and RHD thing), even the 240's brakes are the same as the silvia's(obviously, silvias never stoped, so we have an abundance of front clips, lol)

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
180SX-X said:
all 240s are exact to silvia/180(except thr drivtrain and RHD thing), even the 240's brakes are the same as the silvia's(obviously, silvias never stoped, so we have an abundance of front clips, lol)
The s13 sr20DE silvia brakes are smaller than the s13 SR20DET silvia/180 brakes. So which set did the 240sx get?

·
Banned
632 Posts
Joel said:
The s13 sr20DE silvia brakes are smaller than the s13 SR20DET silvia/180 brakes. So which set did the 240sx get?
i dont know, but common sense tells me that it got the smaller ones, cuz the sr20det was turbo and would need bigger ones than a slow ass sr20de, now with a stupid KA, im sure the used the small ones.
am i correct, anyone?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Joel said:
I can measure and find out. Just gotta go to my friends shop and compare the two. Just got silvia brakes yesterday for $50.. calipers/knuckle and all :woowoo:

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Peep my sig for pics of it, but the silvia rotor measures 11" in diameter and 7/8's in thickness. I still have yet to see what the stock 240 runs. I don't feel like taking off the tire right now.

As for my vlsd, yes it will fit. the frame for it is a lil wide though so I gotta disassemble it. Don't know about the sway bar yet. We'll see when I throw it in when my swap project starts in a couple weeks. My front clip should be here in a week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
a sticky is just like a normal thread but is always "stuck" at the top of the list. a moderator can choose to "stickify" a thread if they feel that the thread is important enough.. it could anything from AIM screennames, mug shots of members, or to threads just with lots of information. some mods may make a useless thread a sticky just because they're bored and want to. (i wish i was a mod :p hint hint)

not all but a lot of general/basic 240sx info is in there.. but my sig does have a couple of good links ;)

"gets banned"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts