Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently noticed that the boost on my 180sx is only hitting 0.7 (< used to be getting 1 or more) and when I step on the gas hard the rpms shoot up from about 4 to 7 and the car seems to be going nowhere. I've read around different forums and I think it's a slipping clutch.

This problem seemed to happen after I was driving the car out of a mates garden cause I heard a scrapping noise underneath the car , it hit something when I was driving out over the car being quite low to the ground, I think i could have damaged the hydraulic clutch line or something underneath the car because before this happened the car was running well and the clutch never slipped.

Anyone have any ideas of what it could be and If I need a new clutch or can I bleed the hydraulic clutch to slove the problem?

My car is a 1998 180sx (SR20DET engine).

Thanks

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,225 Posts
You need to jack the car up and find out what the damage is. Bleeding the hydraulic system is not going to fix your problem. There's a good chance that a hydraulic line may have gotten flattened and is holding the pressure every time you use the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying rogoman.. Any ideas where I should check when I jack up the car? I'm guessing on the drivers side and any thing in particular that I should look for besides a flattened line..

Thanks

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,225 Posts
The hydraulic lines are on the passenger side by the bellhousing area. The only other thing you can check for is a damaged clutch fork; it's a piece that comes out of the bellhousing and connects to the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a million for your info and when I damaged that car coming out of the garden the bang I heard was on the left so hopefully it's not the clutch going to check it during to week.. Thanks for your help rogoman very helpful

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah it doesnt sound like ur clutch is the problem,a slipping clutch is a pretty distinct feeling.Suggest you get under your car and take a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts