Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what r some things i need to lookout for when putting 17's on a b13. does anyone have a pick with a b13 on some 17's? i wanna drop it also? Any pics post pleeeeeeeeeease!

S

·
0 Posts
I don't have a picture but...

You do realize, on our cars, that any rim larger than 15 inches is too big and you will loose performance. The bigger you go past 15 inches the more you loose. Just thought I'd throw that out for you. Is it a show car?

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i beg to differ

17's would make gearing a lot taller, but u can't take away from the look!. i could find some lightweight 16's and mount them on some 40 series and i would still be within the stock diameter, whick 16's are an option also. lightweight 16's would not effect performance that much

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
turbocharged...damn that is a nice clean b13...droool

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am runnign 17's go to my web site to check out some pics

http://phattyb13.nissanpower.com

the one things that pisses me off all the time is the fact that with my drop the wheels rub on the top of the wheel wells when Ipush hard in corners or when I have people in the back.... also watch for the offset make sure it is right.. jsut my 2 pennies.. oh and alsoe maybe get 17 x 7 I have 17 x 7.5 and I am wishing i went with a 7 instead

·
Registered
19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Re: i beg to differ

hotboy said:
i could find some lightweight 16's and mount them on some 40 series and i would still be within the stock diameter, whick 16's are an option also. lightweight 16's would not effect performance that much
Yeah 16's aren't too bad, and honestly they do look pretty nice. I'd stray away 40 series though. If not, I hope you are ready for a rough ride and potholes will be a lot harder on your rims.

205x50x15's for me. (daily driver)

·
Registered
547 Posts
phatty - how big of a difference in power did you get? could you even feel it? they are talking about power loss, and I'm wondering how big of numbers? how much will the speedo reading be off? I was reading somewhere, there was a chart with the size of wheel and diameter, it showed how much the speedo would be off at 60 mph. I think at 18x7, it was something like 61.2...that's only 1.2 mph difference in the reading...can't be that bad!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey slvrsentra it wasnt that hard at all.. all I did was take a ball pin hammer adn go at it while they were still on the car.. jsut a couple of good whacks..

and Zexel... umm i feel alittle bit of power loss.. I am thinking about gettign some stockers put on to compare.. so I can tell you more soon ...also as with the speddo being off it isnt at all.. my 17's with 40 series tires on them are the same hight as the stock 13's with whatever tire they put on them.. so the speedo is right on.. and it has been checked..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts