Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Frontier Valve Assembly-Vacuum Cut unit broke. One of the stem on the unit snapped off. Hard to believe this little plastic part is $120.

I found a similar Nissan part for $20... Valve Assembly-Vacuum Cut - Nissan (17372-8J000) for a 2002-2006 Altima.
They basically look the same.

Does anyone know if this cheaper part will work correctly? It looks the same and has 4 ports...

·
Registered
549 Posts
For $20 I'd say get one and try putting pressure/vacuum on the same orifices as the original, see if air comes in and out the same places. If not, you can always send it back.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 2004 Frontier Valve Assembly-Vacuum Cut unit broke. One of the stem on the unit snapped off. Hard to believe this little plastic part is $120.

I found a similar Nissan part for $20... Valve Assembly-Vacuum Cut - Nissan (17372-8J000) for a 2002-2006 Altima.
They basically look the same.

Does anyone know if this cheaper part will work correctly? It looks the same and has 4 ports... View attachment 7126 View attachment 7127
GC,

That Part # has been superseded with a New Part # I think.

Call Rock Auto and give them the original part # to see if they can give you the new part # and price. If the price at rock auto is too high then take the new part # and go to EBay or Amazon to see who has it at the lowest price.

Let us know.

Reactions: VStar650CL

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yep, good call B. The superseding p/n is 17372-1W200. Rock has it for $77, that's the cheapest I see. Everything on eBay was pricier.

Hey Vstar,

Thank You. Sometime's a Part is Superseded several time's and a search on a Previous Superseded Part # can yield an even lower price. It take's more time, but on expensive part's it help's me save money. I have one machine that is 31 yrs old and many of the part's are superseded with many many new part #'s.

I have a McCullock Generator in Which McCullock went out of business year's ago. I needed an Air Filter for it,, but it was no longer available from McCullock are anybody else with the original part #. I continued to search and search and finally somehow (I don't remember exactly how), but I found a cross reference to a Honda Filter that was exactly the same in every respect. I don't even remember where I got it from (Probly EBay), and the price was resonable. I still have that generator that I got back in 2005, It come's in handy when we have Storm's that knock out the Electric for Day's.

Getting Part's for the Lowest Price help's us save money and it also help's keep part's price's competitive.

Regards,

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thank You. Sometime's a Part is Superseded several time's and a search on a Previous Superseded Part # can yield an even lower price. It take's more time, but on expensive part's it help's me save money. I have one machine that is 31 yrs old and many of the part's are superseded with many many new part #'s.
You're most welcome. You're right, and I must say, Nissan can be a particular PITA with multiple supersessions. Many of the p/n changes aren't because the part was revised, but simply because Nissan found a cheaper or better subcontractor to make it. That's fine, but it is guaranteed to give the parts man -- and us -- plenty of indigestion. ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Reactions: VStar650CL

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good find, B, that certainly looks right!
Thanks Vstar,

It's sort of a Fun little challenge for me to see if I can find part's at a lower price. There's no coordinated protocol in how thing's are listed so it's checking by different part #'s, with hyphen's no hyphen's, with/without discription. I found one other superseded part #, plus Dorman has their own part #, and useing Google search.

I couldn't tell you what the last method I used was, cause I've allready forgotten, but it's sort of fun, and it help's me learn how to find the lowest price when I need part's, tool's, etc, for myself.

Don't know what happened to the OP, but hopefully he hasn't given up.

Have a Great day,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Folks I appreciate the help to find a cheaper priced part. All great ideas. I am hopeful that others have come before me and maybe have figured out if the cheaper priced part will actually work or not. That is my real question. The parts look the same as the original. But do the internals work the same? If it were the same then I would imagine that the cheaper part would have listed that it fits a 2004 Frontier. If I take a chance it works then great. But if it does not, then end up I end up spending more after finally buying the buying the $77 part made for the 2004 Frontier.

So hopeful that someone else has been down this path and can chime in.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The one B found has the right part number for your ride, it's not a cross-swap like the Altima valve. Should fit right in the hole.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Folks I appreciate the help to find a cheaper priced part. All great ideas. I am hopeful that others have come before me and maybe have figured out if the cheaper priced part will actually work or not. That is my real question. The parts look the same as the original. But do the internals work the same? If it were the same then I would imagine that the cheaper part would have listed that it fits a 2004 Frontier. If I take a chance it works then great. But if it does not, then end up I end up spending more after finally buying the buying the $77 part made for the 2004 Frontier.

So hopeful that someone else has been down this path and can chime in.
GC,

Visit their Store Front on Amazon. APDTY SHOW'S A Phone # 866-770-2771. Call them to verify that it fit's Your Truck.

It show's Free Return's, so if it is not an exact match, I would send it back. If you take it out of a Sealed package or put it on, they probly won't take it back.

I would call them and go from there. As long as you follow the Rule's, Amazon has alway's backed me up for a Refund, if the Merchant has a problem, but you 1st must go through the Merchant. It's Your Call though which way you decide to go.

Good Luck,

PS: EBay also has this same part listing:

Plug your truck information in and see if it will fit on EBay. This part also has Free Shipping but NOT FREE RETURNS.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Plug your truck information in and see if it will fit on EBay. This part also has Free Shipping but NOT FREE RETURNS.
Plug in the VIN at NissanPartsDeal and check the factory p/n, NPD has the same database and drawings as Nissan DPC. It will also show supersessions. If the p/n shows a match then it pretty much fits, period.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts