Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted all the the people on this board with 17 inch wheels on a classic SE-R (mine is 92 SE-R) to tell me what, if any problems you had with putting 17's on your car. And what you had to do specifically to the car to get everything right with the wheels. I realize that many people on the board are happy with their 15 and 16 inch wheels but the wheels I like only come in a 17 and Ive seen some classics with 17's on here and they look really good. so any info on what you had to do as far as clearance issues and scrubbing please let me know.. Any pics of your car with 17's would be great also. Thanks guys for any help!!:D :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Check this link out.

He got his wheels on about 2 weeks or so ago. He explains what changes he had to make and how it rides etc.

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2403

I'm getting mine in about a week. What wheels are you looking into buying? There's plenty more info on 17's and our Sentra's, just try and search button. But I think that link guides you most of the way.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Re: BTW

Zexel said:
check out importcartuner's ride. I think this is real nice, and the wheels don't look too big for the car. I like it. http://members.sounddomain.com/import_car_tuner. Hope you don't mind me using your car as an example! Nice car btw!!
Error: the file you requested can not be found.

link dosn't seem to work. and i personally don't like the rims on the first link. they are TOO BIG. i think 15" are perfect. but don't go over 16"

·
Registered
142 Posts
yuppers i got mine about two weeks ago and i love them to death. i know most people say 17 bad for performance but i dont need to be street racing so thats why i kept my 13's for drap strip. Eaither way i explain everything in my post that was posted by zexel.

CORY

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zexel, I'm really thinking of getting Racing Hart C-2's and Racing Harts smallest size is 17's as I'm starting to see with alot of wheel manufactures..what to do, what to do, this is such an investment and I don't want to blow it, know what i mean guys!!thanks 4 the help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
C2's are pretty slick wheels. Expensive too! I know what you mean a big investment. I'm getting RS Limited Ikari...look alikes of Racing Harts. I like them and they are a lot cheaper. The smallest size they had in those were 17's also. Well good luck, if you need any help feel free to ask. And like slvrsentra said, I don't street race and have no need for the performance loss. Also the RS Limited Ikari's, I think weigh only 17.5 lbs for the 17's. And that's pretty good for some 17's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the reply zexel, yeah it a tough decision because wheels change the whole look of a car and you don't wanna blow it and I also don't want it to look to big 4 the car, ya no what i mean? I feel like i'm rollin the dice getting 17's with the extra problems that they cause as far as fitment. I might just go with some 16's but damn I really like those C-2's...I'm going crazy!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!AHHHHHHH!!16 17 16 17 16 17 16 17 16 1 7 16 17 16 17 16 AHHHHHHHHH!

·
Former B13 owner...
302 Posts
I've got 17's on my ride.... I think the only modification you might have to make (but which is I think very minor) is to roll in the left and right rear fenderwell. There's a metal part under the fender that comes out about half an inch or so which scarps something on the rim... I've got my car lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit springs on shocks and struts. I think it either grazes part of the lip of the rim or hits the valve stem... BUT IT ONLY OCCURS WHEN THE REAR WHEELS GO INTO A BIG HOLE WHILE DRIVING OR WHEN THERE IS ALOT OF WEIGHT IN THE BACK SEATS (i.e. People sitting in the backseat). I haven't rolled in the metal under the fender yet, and really don't plan to anytime soon. Maybe cause I've gotten used to it :D . Oh... Zexel... thanks for the comment about my ride. Much appriciated.

·
Registered
547 Posts
1slickser - I was going through the same problem. But half the wheels I liked so much were 17's. So I just said hell, I'll make a sacrifice for price and looks, it'll be worth it. Not like I'm running around looking for street races anyways. I've always said Wheels can make or break a car!

importcartuner - Do your wheels/tires rub on your shock/strut on hard cornering? As in, does it do it bad. I don't take hard corners unless necessary, which is almost never. I was just wondering. I know slvrsentra said his does.

·
Registered
17 Posts
when i had my sentra e, i had 17 x 7 rims, 40 offset, and i had to roll the fenders in the back and use wheel spacers in the back (dont remember how thick, one thin wheel spacer per wheel). i had kyb and sportline suspension. ive never seen a classic with 17 x 7.5 wide rims before. the racing hart c2's dont come in 7 wide, only 7.5 wide. wheelmax.com has some nice c2 knockoffs - hp racing hurricanes (either white or silver) and rs limited limix (polished, which are the rims i have). they come in 7 inch wide so it'll fit our cars. oh yeah, 7.5 wide will fit if the offset is like 32 (5 zigen copse will fit) racing hart doesnt have that offset. IMO, 17s arent too big for a classic if you have a kit. take a look at this:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/images/content/0702/0207tur_ser_01.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
That would be the RP-035's in a 17"x7.5 I believe...

Damn, that car is sweet, except that you can see both front caps on it in that pic... Wack.

·
Registered
547 Posts
SE-Rkid - I read the article on that SE-R there. And the article before that with the AEM big brake upgrade. It said something about how common it is for the studs to stick out too far on the SE-R's and how they couldn't fit the cap cover over them. That's why they're showing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I said front cap, I meant the bumper cover....

See the stock one behind the aftermarket one? :(

THAT is the part I'm not a fan of. Plus the two different colors of white.

The wheel caps I couldn't care less about. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts