J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a great set of racing wheels 17inch with
205/40 series tires for my 1991 nissan sentra I was
told they would fit , but in the rear the tire hits the
strut, I mean it will fit but there is no space between the
tire and the stud. I need Ideas on what to do?
Please Help :eek:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wrong offset for me!

I had the wrong rear offset. Had to put in 1/4" spacers and longer studs. It was a biatch when I was trying to do in it a night. I was SO tired! But yeah, mine rubbed like a mother and I threw on some spacers and longer studs and viola...rides fine. As we speak I'm doing my adjustable coilovers. Tiresome, but pretty easy if you think about it. In and out with old and new struts and coilovers. It's fun since I'm doing it with my homies!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally Got them to fit

Thanks for the replies , I went ahead and replaced the studs, put 1/4 inch spacers and put rubber spacers in the springs and the wheels worked fine. It turned out that the wheels were 71/2 instead of 7 inches wide , the tire shop that sold me the weels suggested that i sell them . after selling them to me saying they would fit ok, their name is speedzone in Kissimmee, FL and they don't even know anything about offsets ect. they just want to sell you what they can, what they don't realize is that i will be spending several hundred, maybe even more upgrading the vehicle and i will be ordering my parts somewhere else. Otherwise the quality of the tires and wheels were excellent, I will be posting the car photo soon

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm glad you got them to fit. And tha'ts gay shit about the 7 1/2" isntead of 7". I would've bitched. But even if it was by 7" you still would've had to do it. I know I did. Take some pics and show us your ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts