Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today I put my vehicle in the autotrader, but it won't be on their website until tomorrow and won't come out in the magazine until next week. Today I was offered $12,000 for the car when a friend of a friend found out I just advertised it. I was asking $13,500 in the ad. This guy is looking at getting a car asap. I'm thinking about waiting for the ad to come out to see if somebody just walks up and offers me what I'm asking, but I'm also worried that maybe nobody will make me an offer and then this other guy will have gotten another car by then. What do you guys think honestly?

Here's the cardomain site for the car:

members.cardomain.com/aspecv

Thanks

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Based on what I see on Edmunds, you'd be making a killing by selling it for $12k. The car, fully loaded, selling in Atlanta is worth $10,200 to a private party, and $9000 if you trade it in.

Personally, as long as you have some equity in it, I say pay it off and drive it a year or two with no payments and save the money.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah dude, sell. Brand new 05 Specs coming off the line have $2500 dealer incentives right now, putting their average selling price around $15,500 (see Edmunds.com). If you can get 12 Gs for your 02, you should jump on that.

·
Registered
871 Posts
12k for an '02, your getting a sweet deal. I dont even have 30k on mine and the best I could get would probably be about 11k. I'd jump all over the 12k offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I'm not sure if anybody looked at the site I made for it : www.cardomain.com/id/aspecv or members.cardomain.com/aspecv , but I've probably done $7000 worth of mods to the vehicle. I don't expect to get all that extra, but I figure I may get a little. That's why he's willing to offer more than book value...

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
12K is very good. If you decide to go back to stock before selling, PM me if the AEBS is going to be for sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's funny so many people have asked about me selling that header, and when it came out everybody was talking ish about it nonstop hehe...

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
BlazedGlory said:
it's funny so many people have asked about me selling that header, and when it came out everybody was talking ish about it nonstop hehe...
Well...it is the best and is also somewhat rare, so it is sorta in demand. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts