Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been thinking, why not just get my ga16 turboed instead of spending more money and getting an sr20det. Then I realized i have over 100,000 miles. Do you think its too late for a turbo?

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
bling said:
So i've been thinking, why not just get my ga16 turboed instead of spending more money and getting an sr20det. Then I realized i have over 100,000 miles. Do you think its too late for a turbo?
im sure you could do it but some people may frown on it tho....im not an expert on this subject but might get better answers from the forced induction section

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
i had 136k on mine when i turboed it.....before it blew 20k later

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NotAnotherHonda said:
i had 136k on mine when i turboed it.....before it blew 20k later
did u ever take your car to the track. wats the 1/4 mile time? i remember u had a tv in the glove box on cardomain. U still have it, any pics? Im thinking about putting a tv somewhere in my car.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
bling said:
Pressures in the cylinders are much higher in a turbo engine. If the rings on your car are worn, there will be significant blow-by under boost, and the crank case will be pressurized distributing oil throughout the intake system and stressing the various seals.

Also, if the bearing clearance are large due to wear, there may be problems with the oil film breaking down under boost causing bearing failure.

Before you commit to turbocharging your engine, check the compression and oil pressure to see if they are up to specifications.

Lew

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
thats why this summer i plan to rebuild my motor before i get the turbo. i will do this at my friends shop to save $$$. i dont need it at all, cuz i have excellent compression. but i'm paranoid, do ill start with a fresh engine :thumbup:

·