Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 86 E16 S pulsar has 11M castings and the tags on the body are japanese. I dont know if the pulsars were all made in japan or what, but the cylandar heads are the swirl type as far as i can tell. Are there heads that are wide open on the intake side? Swirl is good, but it looks a little too restrictive to me. What would be the best cylandar head choice?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
best one would be 15M (turbo one)... but even then, nissan made they're worst flowing head ever for the E-serie... yeah, it might look restrictive a lot !!!.. the 15M is hard to find now (being not made anymore)... going with the 33M on an n/a engine should be your best bet (latest/last head installed on E16)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crazy-Mart said:
best one would be 15M (turbo one)... but even then, nissan made they're worst flowing head ever for the E-serie... yeah, it might look restrictive a lot !!!.. the 15M is hard to find now (being not made anymore)... going with the 33M on an n/a engine should be your best bet (latest/last head installed on E16)
Thanks for the reply! I work the odd day at a local wrecker and get paid in parts, so I'll grab one of those 33M heads off a later sentra. I pretty much thought it would come to this. I'm also going to try some of Blownb310's tricks.
I'm looking for a pinto intake manifold. I have the Short block assembled, but I haven't decided on much else. Know anyone w/ a pacesetter header?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts