Nissan Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
GundamONE said:
hahaah a post on 1/8 times? what are your 1/4 mile times???
Damn Gundam, you talk a lot of trash. It seems to me you've been talking to a few 21lb durty turbos. (for those who know). How about showing us your modded up 7th gen civic, or is it stock??
Whats wrong with running the 1/8th of a mile?? Some people dont have a 1/4 mile track near by, also low 1/8 mile times can tell you things about a person's car.

D

·
0 Posts
motivational1 said:
My GA16DE runs 15.60 in the 1/4 and 9.92 in the 1/8. It has JWT cams,Hotshot headers,Hotshot CAI, 2 inch mandrel exhaust,JWT ecu,UR pulley,ported throttle body,Extrude honed intake manifold and JWT clutch. The runs were made on 16 inch wheels with Kumho tires.
Nice run. What is your trap speed at. I need to get up to a track soon, but afraid of the drive to and back because my clutch is almost gone but hasnt yet started slipping. But from where me and my friends measured out a 1/4 mile i am hitting in the low 90's consistantly. I am pretty sure i can do better with some weight removal and adjust my agx's a little stiffer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just posted a 16.2 in a 1/4 at summer duck last night and my 1/8 times average 10.6 the best being 10.42{3 runs 35 bucks}The other 2 1/4 times were a little slower{16.4 & 16.8=smoked my lunch}I just got my 15" konig rims about 2 weeks ago can't wait to see if the lighter weight helps my times some{10.8lbs.}I only need two more tires, and then I can mount them to my car.The really weired thing was my mph was faster with the 16.8 run at 88.4 than my 16.4 at 84.9 my best time posted a 88.6mph trap.
Maybe its because my shift points were different each run?Imean it pissed me off I lunched to hard and I hit the fuel cut off in 1st 2nd and 3rd. Normally I shift at 65 or 66 grand..

Oh by the way I lost all three runs!! haha To a vw corrado a 99 civic si and Total not fair SC 94 mustang gt with slicks

S

·
0 Posts
About two weeks ago, i took my car to Sears Point and ran 17.1sec at 78mph, my R/T was .606, and i wasnt running my ZEX that time. I was Running on KYB AGX shocks, sprint springs, and 13inch dummies with bridgestone protenzas, HS CAI, 2.25ich exhaust with the magna flow muffler. Next Wed im going to take my car to the track and see how fast i go with my 55shot of nos and a new clutch.

·
Registered
327 Posts
A good clutch helps alot.Attcully my trap speeds are off.My freind was telling me a warrenton county cop was there about 2 months ago and was saying the trip sensor for the trap speed is off by 3-5mph.He was their in his squad car and was gunning peoples run.Somthing like"I knew they were off my comaro had slower speeds at buds creek"But if you ask me if the big black board with the red lights says that thats how fast I was going"
Anyway when you get your new clutch put in see if they will turn your fly wheel one extra time.It will help you rev quicker.Just make sure they don't take too much off of it."They normally will only turn it so much until it becomes to the minium fac. safe spec."

D

·
0 Posts
I am pretty sure where my friend and i markde out the 1/4 mile is definatly off. It must just be a little longer. I should be hitting low 16's. I want to have my car hit in the 15's soon. I just really need better tires and a clutch. Does anyone know if there is any truth to the NX1600 trannies having slightly different gear ratios.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Da91NX

Just what I read hear. My 97 has a 95 tranny now,but their was no difference in rmp in fifth at 70mph.but the 91-94 has a higher final drive my step dads 93 sentra runs at around 3500 at 70 mine is at around 3500 at 80mph. The newer ones get better gas mileage.The older one feelt like they have alittle extra get up and go, but you have to shift alittle quicker.

I think there was a thread in hear with the actual gear ratios.try looking for it it would help you alittle better.{I got a 97 200 my mom gots a 98 gxe and my x step dad has a 93 e}

·
Registered
327 Posts
off subject

I wonder if you could conbine the two trannies together.Mix the actual gears like 1st 2nd 3rd from the b13 trannies with the 4th and 5th from the b14 trans. Actualy their this might be poasted as well I'll check.

It would give the best of both and improve the over all..

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
yeah, so how big of a shot is that guy running- like a 75?
all the crap Ive got done to my car and I run a 10.7? yeah........yeah ok. tell me what im doing wrong besides being a smart ass- Id kill to run that fast man-how fast does a mustang do the 1/8?

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
From what I heard the tranny from the sentra and the nx are the same- they should be, its basically just the body panels that are different right ... give or take a few support beams or whatever they change for the hatchback?

·
Registered
327 Posts
My freinds firebird does the 1/8 in the high 8's.It mostly stock{cai,flowmasters,alum. drive shaft}But theirs a nasty mustang that does the 1/8 in like 6.I think stock is around 9.5.He's got a blower huge slicks and man it sounds so sweet.

I know what you mean.I could probly get a better 1/8 time but getting the front to hook instead of just smokin is hard sometimes{especialy when your leg is shakin from the rush of racin}Not that I'm scared or nothin I just get excited.I think my wider tires will help alot{more grip less slip}

21 - 32 of 32 Posts