Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was absolutely necessary that you get the jwt ecu or if you can get away with getting the kit now and then down the road a bit when you can afford it..get the jwt ecu.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i was told by people on this list that you could get away with it but its probably not in your or your cars best intrest.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
im probably going to risk it because im buying a new jdm engine any way... but if this is the daily driver id say no i wouldnt. i just hear itll take a few months to recive the jwt ecu

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
im not sure but the stock ecu / maf should hanle a 5 or 6 psi boost i may be wrong it may only be 3 or 4. anyway im into instant gratification and may not be willing for jwt to get the ecu to me even though i know for optimum per formance ill need one

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the up to a few months to recieve the jwt ecu was one of the reasons why I asked.. How much would that ecu or ecu upgrade be if anyone knows.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i think its $650.00. if you need it reprogramed later like you ad cams or somthing its only $100.00 there after

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i may be mistaken, but i think the jwt ecu comes with the turbo kit....IF i remember correctly...:rolleyes:

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It says its not included in the kit... also emailed hotshot about it and the replied with ----- "Your car will not run without it. You need to have it re-programmed to read all the additions. "-----

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
yeah thanks i was mis led too

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
I'm putting in the turbo as soon as I get all the parts together... it's a good idea to get the ecu.

I have the turbo, manifold and all that crap already, I'd put it in except the ecu takes 4-6 wks to reprog. so I have bought a spare ecu that I can have reprogramed so I can still drive my car in the meantime... another great thing to having two ecus is that you can take your old one and keep it around for smog checks if you have to put your oem stuff on that is.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
two comp's is a good idea especially when it comes time to pass emissions! get the ecu, its a better way to manage your engine then an fmu or something like that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
But if you run the stock ECU during emissions with your turbo installed won't everything get screwed up once Mr. Emissions guy turns the motor and revs the engine?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts